1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need HELP locating the Secret Sunroof

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NoMoShocks, Apr 30, 2008.

1. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    OK, it took a while, but I found the secret compartment in the trunk, and the drawer under the front of the center armrest under the cupholders, but why havn't any of you shared the secret sunroof location.

That cat is out of the bag now, becuase I was going over a Warrantee Repair Invoice where I took the car in for a rattle in the Sunglass Holder door last june, and low and behold, there it is. Apparently, it had been leaking water per warrantee repair code 743991, but I still need help to find it. Please help!

[​IMG]

2. EJFB1029

EJFB1029 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That is very scary, first that they charge $374 for an alignment, but second that they use a false charge to warranty repair to justify the charge. Luckily it was all under warranty, but I would be frightened to use them for regular service.

3. wchardin

wchardin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I guess the drive to check the alignment was a short one, it came in with the same amount of miles as it did when it left. I would like to see your sun roof in pictures please... lol

4. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I thought the $374 alignment cost was rediculous too. I got an alignment done recently I paid myself, and it was only $129, which was still too much.

Probably the alignment guys played a prank on the guys that were going to look at the rattle by rolling out one of those e-Bay faux sunroof decals on the roof and wetting the front seat so it would look like a water leak.

5. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Not only do you have a hidden sunroof, but you also have 4 hidden wheels. 474$ for alignment can't be for only four wheels, it's gotta be for a 8-wheel vehicle.

Seriously, the 42.50$ code might be just a typo in code 743991. You should be worried about being charged 474$ for an alignment.

6. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It's all don't on the lift by computer now. Easily done by rolling the tires <1mi

I agree. It could also be they just don't have a charge code for repairing a sunglass holder assembly so they plugged in something that would be roughly the same priced job by time/parts etc. I wouldn't sweat it but agree with others that you got hosed on the alignment charge.

7. jmascharka

jmascharka New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well, it's a good thing it was covered 100% as a warranty repair. Guess to stop the leak they filled in the sunroof if you can't find it. I've heard of places that would put a sunroof in, but never one that took a sunroof out. I'd go back and ask them to put it back in. :D

8. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Since it is under warranty, it is really between that dealership and Toyota.
    I would be avoiding that dealership when the warranty period runs out.
    A dishonest dealership has so many ways to drain money from you.

9. NoMoShocks

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't know if they are dishonest or not. I was just amused by the sunroof reference, and figured it was a wrong code or closest posible code entry. I didn't worry about the alignment cost because Toyota was paying. Maybe they like to reward their dealers by paying excessive alignment fees and will not allow a dealer to accept anything less.

All of my other dealings with this dealership on my son's 2001 Corolla where I was paying the bill have been great and a little lower cost than other dealers in the area.

10. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    If we tell you where the secret sunroof is then it wouldn't be a secret. Just for laughs, call Toyota & ask them about your invoice. Maybe it's a plug. Maybe the dealer routinely submits fraudulant warranty claims.