1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Help No Ready Light Cleaning up New Fog Light Install

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by ABL, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,
    Need some help. I was completing my fog light install and I shorted out the 10 amp fuse used to power the ignition this feeds to the 25 amp fuse used to supply the required current to enable a ready condition to start the car. I replaced the 10 amp fuse but I cant get a ready light . I removed the battery (Positive side) and re-installed and still no go. Any help will be appreciated. The Acc position works fine. Is their a special sequence of steps I have to follow to get this puppy started? Error displayed is Hybrid System Error
    Regards ,
    Jim

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The error should go away after 3 cold start ups. Are you pressing on the brake while pressing the button?

3. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do I step on the brake and then depress the power button and repeat two more times?
    Jim

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes. If nothing else is wrong (blown fuse), two more on-off sequences should clear the errormessage. Can't say why it won't go to ready if you are pressing the brake though.

[edit]
    I forgot to mention: you need to do the hokey pokey BEFORE you get in and try it again. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks,
    Will give it a shot Also will re-check for blown fuses.
    Jim

6. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I do have a green ready light on the power button when I depress the brake. Once I depress the power button the system lights up like a xmas tree displays the error message and goes to the ACC. mode and no ready light is displayed on the MFD. I may be in more trouble than I thought. I have not tried the cold start this I will do tomorrow.

7. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    "Thats what its all about"

8. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ouch, that doesn't sound good. When I said "cold" start I mean all the way from "off" to "ready" and back to "off". Sorry, I am not much for terminology.
    This is out of my league now, but if I would have to say, it almost sounds like a possible short to the one of the ECUs. How did you wire up the switch (assuming you used one)?
    If it were me, I would start working backwards and disconnect the fog light wiring harness.

9. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No switch connected used a mini tap to fuse 26 this is hot in the ready mode only everything worked fine until I moved the harness and this resulted in the tap lifting out and shorting to ground. The Fogs were working fine until this happened. Only connection was rhe tap to fuse 26 and the 12v to the fogs and the Gnd connection. Grand total fo two wires.
    Jim

10. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anyone in your area with a ScanGuage or something else to read error codes? I assume the yellow warning light lights up as well...

What does fuse 26 protect (functions)? Perhaps you have a blown fuse upstream. Under the steering wheel, above the brake pedal there is another set of fuses.

11. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Come to think of it I do have a scan gauge xmas gift still in the box. Any specific code to look for? Will get more info on fuse 26 tomorrow.
    Jim

12. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    And yes the yellow warning light is on.

13. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Spiderman,
    Please see my response I just posted in the G3 trouble shotting
    titled prius system malfuction. I checked all my fuses and they were ok and I have no HV
    Jim

14. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So you where in that area? I didn't realize that you were in the back as well. So you checked all those connection as per that other post and still no go? Where you able to hood up the ScanGuage? Did it report any errors (pcode)?
    If you can remember, what exactly did you do (in terms of connections, items disconnected, etc)?

15. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yep was in the trunk to disconnect the neg battery cable and got my subwoffer cable snagged on the HV dis-connect. I was just running it for a future connection to the amp. Will call the dealer tomorrow and see if we can get this resolved. right now the car will not start and Im dont want to drain the battery.
    Jim

16. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hopefully it will be an easy fix. I am out of ideas myself. Please report back as to the findings.

1 person likes this.
  17. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK found the problem. Once you insert the HV interlock you have to slide the orange HV switch to the right to close the HV interlock. Thanks for all your help
    Jim