1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help - removing & reattaching the shark fin

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by hsamrat, Jul 23, 2007.

1. hsamrat

hsamrat Junior Member

I kinda jumped the gun and installed the sharkfin. I am thinking of getting Sirius installed and would like to mount the antenna under the shark fin. If anybody can tell me how to remove the sharkfin and reattach (without replacing the roof) I would be very very appreciative.
    Thanks

2. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rat @ Jul 24 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]483588[/snapback]</div>
    Carefully, using a side-to-side sawing motion parallel with the roof, cut the adhesive pad with a length of dental floss until you can ease the fin up and off. Then clean any adhesive residue off with some mild solvent such as white spirit. Remove any adhesive from the underside of the fin with a modelling knife, then clean with the solvent.
    Contact Arthur at visualgarage.com to get a new adhesive pad posted to you for when you want to refit the fin.
    Just take your time, go carefully, and you won't have a problem. Polish the area again after you refit the fin.

3. hsamrat

hsamrat Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sleeka @ Jul 23 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]483611[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Sleeka. I will try that out and post the results.