1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help with DICE HD operation - won't change stations

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by westofrome, Mar 3, 2007.

1. westofrome

westofrome New Member

So I ordered the HD DICE kit and brought it to my local car audio place. The guy installed it and said it was working. When I got in the car and hit the CD button, the changer controls came up and it was playing an HD station (101.1 FM). I started playing around with it (DICE shipped the hardware with ipod and not HD instructions...so I didn't know what I was doing, but I thought I could figure it out).

I managed to get it to change to another station (104.1) but now it is STUCK on that station. Nothing I press will make any difference.

I found the manual online at DICE and tried to follow the operation instructions (press disc 5, then select track 5 for FM, then disc 1 for manual operation, etc). but it will not respond to anything (at least audio-wise). It just shows a different disc/track displayed.

Any ideas on what's going on? Could it be a DIP switch issue? Anything else?

I put in a ticket to DICE but any other feedback would be great. I'd hate to have to have my dash ripped open again just to return it.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sounds like it needs to be reset.

Where did he hide the thing? You need to pull the plug that connects to the back of the radio out for a min, then plug it back in.

3. westofrome

westofrome New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Mar 5 2007, 08:07 PM) [snapback]400623[/snapback]</div>
    I didn't want to have to pay to have my car taken apart again (or do it myself), so i just pulled the fuse for the main audio power (39, I think). This reset it and now it seems to be working...phew.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(westofrome @ Mar 5 2007, 08:02 PM) [snapback]400680[/snapback]</div>

Excellent idea. B)

5. westofrome

westofrome New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Mar 6 2007, 02:42 AM) [snapback]400771[/snapback]</div>
    Aaargh! It froze up again not 2 days later. I could pull the fuse again, but given the track record, I'd hate to keep having to do that every 2 days (and then reprogramming all my presets, clock, etc.) Is my unit just plain defective?