1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need help with installation of wet okole covers front and rear

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by santoro1, Aug 20, 2006.

1. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

Seriously considering wet okole covers for front and rear of my new Prius..I can't seem to find the thread for installation. Can someone help with details of this install. Also, anyone who has had these seat covers for a while, please chime in with how they are doing. I am considering a custom logo..ANy info on pricing...perhaps a sales person to speak to at the company would be helpful. Lastly, I have the magnetic gray 06 with gray interior...The most common seat cover I have seen would be the half pipe seat..black on the outside panels and light gray in the middle... Or all gray which to me would seem boring..Any other suggestions on color combos that might look good would be helpful. I wish Wet okole had an interactive website in which you could click a color and paste it onto a seat so that you could see how it would look. I think I'll email them and suggest it. Thanks for all your help..

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    i got my seat covers almost imediately when i got the car (march 1) and they're still holding up great! they've been on several road trips with my and my friends, carry me back from the lake after kayaking just fine, and even put up with my dog trying to dry himself off after a dip.

I got the ones with the black and grey, and absolutely love them.

Installation wasn't too difficult. If i remember right, there were instructions included, but i didn't use them :-p. It comes in several different pieces. for the front: head rest, back, bottom, and the center consol. for the back: Head rests, bottom, two seperate pieces for the back (due to the split seats) and a piece for the center armrest. The most difficult part was shoving the straps through the bottom/back of the front seats and then getting my hand under there to snap them together (the JBL amp and nav unit make the space a little tight).

Oh, and do a search for my posts here with regards to them... i think you'll find some pictures from just after the install (at work right now, so i can't repost them)

3. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Aug 21 2006, 09:59 AM) [snapback]306658[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for your response. Can you do me one more favor..When you ordered them what exactly did you ask for...I am not totally sure of what type of seat cover to ask for..For example...front bucket with side opening for air bag, back seats 60/40 .. any other terminology that wet Okole would understand? thanks...

4. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I just went to their website and ordered it through that... www.wetokole.com, click on toyota seat covers on the left, then select the prius front seats, go through the options, then the prius rear and go through the options, then paid and was done. Since they have the car-specific choices on their website, if you call in i'm sure they'd be able to pull up the needed info when you say "toyota prius"

5. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

Eagle's got it about right. Lots of headstanding and work in small spaces, but overall rather easy. I had a bit more trouble with the backs of the rear seats. Everything fit VERY snugly, so it took a bit more work to get them on. I had to unscrew the seatbelt guides to get the covers to sit underneath them. The bottom of the rear was a piece of cake. Grab the front of the seat on either side and pull up sharply. There are two snaps, one on each side. There are also some little hooks at the back. Be carefull with these. They can tear other fabrics while you take the seat bottom in and out. I layed the seat in the hatchback to put the cover on.

I used probably the weirdest color for my car (tan interior). If you look at the Wet Okole's site's gallery, there is a beutifull copper colored Corvette. It's seats matched the exterior paint. I liked the color so much, I used it in my Prius, with black for the sides of the seats. In my mind, it looks pretty good. Most folks that see it say something to the effect of "Wow, that's a different color. That's pretty cool." They also do a double take when I say they're seat covers and not OEM.

I recommend the lumbar add-on for the front seats. I find it makes a world of difference for a long trip.

6. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawkjm73 @ Aug 22 2006, 12:58 AM) [snapback]307357[/snapback]</div>
    So thats how it's supposed to be done! i've been sitting here hoping the fabric would stretch out over the guides or something over time... never throught to take them off.

wow, i feel like an idiot now :lol:

7. Tweldon

Tweldon New Member

Eagle and Hawk,

So, how quick was delivery from when you ordered them, AND how long did the "New" wet suit smell last?

Cheers,

Tweldon

8. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tweldon @ Aug 22 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]307903[/snapback]</div>

It's been a while so I don't remember for sure, but I think delivery was on the order of a week or two. I do remember it seeming rather fast for custom stuff. I think the smell lasted a couple of weeks as well. I paranoid about security, otherwise I think keeping the windows cracked would help. The temperatures would make a difference too. Higher temps will make them more smelly, but not for as long.

9. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The delivery was fast, from what i can remember... iw as up at school at the time (got the car right before graduation) and had it delivered to my mom's house, figuring i would be home about the time it arrived for my "vacation" before moving and starting work... well, the box came, and she called me worried that it was a bomb or something. so it was quicker than i expected.

As for the smell, the car was still extremely new, so it sorta mingled into the "new car smell" and disapated with that. not really sure how long it took.

10. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tweldon @ Aug 22 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]307903[/snapback]</div>
    Just got delivery on my front and rear Wet Okole's...The smell is really not that bad..I installed the rears two days ago with a cast on my right hand..Took hour and a half taking my time. I plan on installing the fronts tomorrow. Delivery was very quick..They told me three weeks...I got them in 12 days.