1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need info

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by MechBob, Apr 12, 2005.

1. MechBob

MechBob New Member

I just ordered a Prius yesterday. Trading in a 99 corolla. Live in central PA. Is the trade worth it? I love the test drive. Is it as good mpg as they claim. Maintenance? I know it would take forever to recoupe my $ but that is not the total concern. Like the environmental benefits as well.

Bottom line for those in my area, will I be generally satisied?

Thanks

2. Prius Maximus

Prius Maximus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Will you be satisfied? No doubt about it. I traded in a perfectly good Dodge Neon. The Prius is the best car I have ever owned.

There is a lot of info on this forum. Spend some time reading it. You'll answer questions you wouldn't even think of.

I average a llittle above 50 mpg overall. MPG depends a lot on conditions and how you drive, and most cars do not get EPA-rated mpg. You will find many topics on this forum about getting the best mpg. Maintenance - I've got 36,000 miles on mine in 13 months. I've changed oil and rotated the tires several times. Blew dust off the air filter once.

The waiting is the hardest part. Welcome to the club.

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You'll LOVE IT!!!!

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Maintenance is minimal, despite what dealers claim and want to sell you. Other than oil/oilfilter every 5K, there's the engine/cabin air filters at 30K, coolants at 100K, plugs at 100 or 120K. Though only scheduled as a check, may want to change the ATF at 60K. Only one drivebelt running ICE waterpump. There's no indication as to when to replace the PVC valve. Maybe do that with the ATF? If you get extended warranty, don't have to worry about other part breakdowns until 8yr/100K (battery is already warrantied 8/100 most states, some states more).

As for Corolla trade-in, depends on miles and condition.

Do shop around, don't let dealers snow you like they did me. You found this site, so you are already ahead of the game. I didn't find this site until a week or 2 after I purchased my Prius, and that was when I was looking for true realistic MPG.