1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Non-Dealer Mechanic in San Jose or Surrounding areas

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Zaki Hasan, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Zaki Hasan

Zaki Hasan New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Hello,

I have a Prius V 2012. Took it for Service today at Capitol Toyota for 60K Service. I was not very happy with the hard selling they did to push me towards the Dealer Preferred Service. I need a trusted mechanic who can guide me and only give me what's needed on the car at any given time.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Non-Dealer repair shop where I can take my Prius v in the San Jose and surrounding area.

Thanks
    Zaki

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Something you could try first, may or may not work: talk with service manager, and maybe even the general manager. Explain that you would like to follow the Toyota recommended maintenance schedule, and/or your preferences. And that the hard sell of extras is close to driving you away. Maybe mention contacting Corporate Toyota as well. Who knows, might wake em up.

FWIW, I got tired of dealing chronic oil overfill with a previous car, went back to DIY. Appreciate that doesn't work for everyone though.

Also, dealership service department aren't the only ones pushing extras, independents can be even more cavalier with schedules, will likely have less info on hand, and could be at least as likely to try to get you into some standardized schedule.

#2 Mendel Leisk, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    RCO likes this.
  3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    RCO likes this.