1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Part for Broken Arm on Air Outlet Control Assembly (Fix Broken Front Defroster that won't blow)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by benATthelocust, Nov 6, 2022.

1. benATthelocust

benATthelocust Junior Member

Hello! My front defroster on my 2006 Prius stopped blowing a few weeks ago. Took off the dash and inspected it to find that one of the actuator arms had broken.

Here's the relevant parts I'm talking about: I specifically need a replacement arm - you can see where it broke, as it's missing part of the loop.

Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 5.03.53 PM.png IMG_9879.jpg IMG_9880.jpg

I can't seem to find the part online anywhere. Anyone know where I can get one of these?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Junk yard it's probably part of assembly

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    finding a wrecked Prius is cheapest easiest. Also consider that many Toyota parts work on different type of Toyotas. Like the oil pan for example is the same oil pan for almost all Toyotas. So you might have better luck doing a search for that part on a different type of Toyota and see if that comes up with something?

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Just snatch an air box out of Prius similar year their in abundance. It's a part no one's taking..