1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need Part # for Inverter HV Receptacle Prius or CT200H

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Trunks9us, Mar 18, 2022.

1. Trunks9us

Trunks9us New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I need the part number for the plastic plug receptacle as well as the ring terminals those seemed to be customer machined from edges jagged I noticed they use a spacer for the 8 gauge wire which I believe is cca copper clad aluminum. I am upgrading to knukonceptz kollosus flex 0 gauge tinned ofc. I’ve manage to get everything to work using this spare cable and the way I’m running my safety pre cautions in everything I’m not worried about as well as my safety measure will be even more than Toyotas is. The 0 gauge fits in perfectly is anyone wants to
    Know.

i am possibly in the process of getting some custom machine stuff for this but I am still needing these spares. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

F00FC7B6-F230-48D7-9F98-710A09B93EB6.jpeg A27E286C-59EE-4D25-B81E-EAAD86A47550.jpeg 2CCB0622-B754-4102-905A-94F738332C2C.jpeg 3B530F31-F258-436B-B9DC-E57F5BF0381F.jpeg D12C4199-8E1C-4775-BA53-882B61405CA3.jpeg BF2BDB05-AD60-42A8-990A-69F91D31FEB2.jpeg 5F89439F-9265-443A-A767-8ED0552CD2BA.jpeg

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    As far as I know, the terminals and housing for connector S1 on the frame wire, as seen in your photos, aren’t available individually as Toyota or Lexus service parts. In the Repair Manual (more info), Toyota writes, “When there is a problem with the wire harness or connector of a high-voltage circuit, repairs to the harness or connector should not be attempted. Replace damaged or malfunctioning high voltage cables or connectors.”

One reason for this might be the difficulty of restoring the shielding when making a field repair. New Car Features explains, “Cables are also shielded using a mesh conductor built into the electrical insulation of the wires. The shielding is grounded to the chassis of the vehicle and the main purpose is to prevent electromagnetic interference.”

For Lexus CT 200h cars, depending on the model year, the part number for a frame wire (i.e., the complete assembly, with connectors and terminals) is 82164-76020 or 82164-76040.

3. Trunks9us

Trunks9us New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    those part numbers are the same item really but yea i was afraid of that logic not being able to buy it as i am not going to be using the mesh for emi I an wrapping my 0 gauge wires with 3m and i am also making a lot stronger ground points if i still have issue though ill add the mesh wire back in even though i cut it doesn't mean i cant put it back together but my wires are gonna be ran separately regardless from the firewall down because I am running my 0 gauge on the floor hv drivers side gnd middle 12v passenger side. Its what ever i just didnt want to have to buy the other wire harness and just use the plugs but ill just buy used ones in the end it doesn't matter though there is nothing different on that cable besides a number its nothing but wire. I don't even know why they made separate numbers. I pulled the entire things apart so it is weird but hey ill just get the other wires i need and then upgrade those as well. I know there is a current limitation on these its easily noticeable well at least for me. the wire mesh is a great idea no doubt but there are other ways around that as well

4. Trunks9us

Trunks9us New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just gotta get these also and that's it gotta do a full egr swap anyways i like to have a new cleaned one every time i swap saves alot of time when i am redoing the egr stuff. But Yea its just a hassle to cut everything out then i gotta grind off the solder they used on the cheap 8 gauge cca. Just really time consuming but when i do the egr stuff ill have room to make for this. to swap out. these will be 4 gauge tinned ofc since thr runs arent that long i can make the 4gauge fit in these as well. The 0 gauge is because it going all the way to the battery itself.

I am even upgrading all the wires on the hybrid battery also. What I am doing tho is for my audio system gonna be pretty loud. Idk where people got the logic that you cant put a loud system in here because of the 100a dc converter for the 12v making it sound like they will blow something up when all it does is just pull power from the hybrid batter itself. I have tested this in the past just lose some mpg is all. but me I am gonna have about 10k rms in my ride I have alot of money tied into everything and doing the work myself. Still a ways to go but I have had about 3500rms and using a xs power d5100 which isnt a big agm and my lights barely dimmed now playing it that loud only got me about 45 min on the 12v before it started pulling from the hybrid bt i watch my voltage as well. I am prob the only person who is or has done this so I will upload my work when i am done and i will let yall know the difference in the feel of the drive because it should be a noticeable improvement that wire was holding people back for sure and its dumb they couldn't use 4 gauge at the min.

s-l1600 (1).jpg