1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need some expert opinions on a CPO 2012 Camry Hybrid. LE.

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Bmr4life, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Bmr4life

Bmr4life Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Working a deal on the car. Has 20k miles. It was a fleet car that the dealership loaned and rented out. It looks and rides good. Got them down to 23k OTD. Good? Bad?

ADR6425LVW ? 2

2. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Not expert but while you're at it, check out the Optima Hybrid too..

3. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My favorite tool is to set up a search for the car you want on Autotrader and then browse the results. You can then average the prices that you see on there - it'll at least tell you if you're wayyyy off base or not. :)

4. JimPHL

JimPHL Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Bmr4life
    I suggest you get your hands on the Black Book value. The dealer has this at their finger tips. Ask them.

Be sure the mileage and condition adjustments are considered, as you are looking at a high mileage vehicle that was potentially driven hard.

If the dealer doesn't cooperate, go to a local Toyota dealer website and look for the appraise your trade option. Input the data on the car you are looking to purchase and your contact information. Then, take it from there. You might get a call back and an appraisal without having to stop in. Worth a try.

If that doesn't work, do some research and find out how to get a short term subscription to the Black Book. I've done this to get a sanity check on a RAV4 trade. It was spot on the dealer number, and I later realized that Toyota uses the Black book too.

After you've nailed down a value, ensure that the car has been brought up to spec, especially the expensive wear and tear items, like the tires.

Once you are satisfied, consider that the dealer spent as much as a grand bringing the car up to spec, eecially if it has been certified, then offer a few hundred more than the dealer cost; black book plus reconditioning costs.

Last suggestion...consider an extended warranty. Look into the dealer cost and offer a hundred more.

Invest the time and energy now and you will get a great car, in clean or better condition, that you can drive to 100k miles with minimal cost. Good luck.