1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need some good advice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Deaner1964, May 27, 2014.

1. Deaner1964

Deaner1964 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey I'm new to prius chat and new to the prius model. I purchased a 2007 touring in that really cool light green . The vehicle is from North Carolina and is in really good cond. over the winter I developed a light knock from the front suspension only when going really slow over bumps . It's gotten worse since. So I went underneath and noticed slight leaks from both struts underneath the belows . So I replaced with Toyota brand everything on the struts and did a visual inspect on control arms ball joints and tie rods all seem in decent cond still . Well it's gotten worse I checked and rechecked struts all okay . The noise feels like it's on the floor by your feet . If someone has already been through this please message me back. Thankyou and I did notice when front of vehicle was in air and in park I could spin the passenger tire with alittle click noise but drivers side was completely locked please help lol thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how many miles on her?

3. JasonGoalie34

JasonGoalie34 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not a mechanic, but just wanna say welcome to Prius Chat and the Prius universe. I am a fellow Prius virgin... just got my 2004 on May 10th. Hope it all works out okay!

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If both front tires are in the air then you should be able to rotate either tire. As you rotate one tire in a given direction, the other tire will rotate in the opposite direction if the gear selector is in P.

Did you replace the front strut top mounts? If not maybe a mount is loose.

5. tanglefoot

tanglefoot Whee!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I wonder if you have looseness in the sway bar links? That's a common cause of suspension clunks.