1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need some help with HV battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Amrit, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Amrit

Amrit New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi
    I have a 2005 Prius and the original battery I had got a P0A80 and P3019 codes. So one of my buddies had a Dorman battery that he was not using and I took it from him and installed it. Now I’m getting a P0A80 code again and the car goes into limp mode after about 15 mins of driving. I drove it around in vehicle signal check mode and the bolts for the battery stay at 14.0 volts. I’m just trying to figure out if it’s a bad hybrid battery? Or is there anything else that could be wrong.

Thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    not likely anything else, or you would get other codes with tech stream

and dorman is not known for quality. how long did it sit unused?

SFO likes this.
  3. Amrit

Amrit New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It sat for about 3 months he said. I didn’t use tech stream to read the codes I used a foxwell NT360. That’s all I had. Trying to get hold of someone with Techstream just go double check it.

4. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Dorman is a piece of crap. They have the worst track record.

Do you see the red outline of a little car in the upper left corner of the mfd? That's hybrid battery failure. How its failed doesn't really matter has to come out and be rebuilt properly..

This is like the 100th time I have written this in the last week There failing left and right.

let your g2 sit unused and it will kill both the batterys.