1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need some lock/unlock help

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by coder, Mar 13, 2015.

1. coder

coder New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    2015 Prius C
    Around about the time I installed a backup camera (myself), my car started having a locking/unlocking problem. :/

When I exit the car after driving, the remote lock and touching the door handle will not activate the lock/unlock mechanism for a few (15ish?) seconds. Then all seems to be good.

My guess is that I did something, but since I don't understand the lock/unlock system well, I don't know what to check for.

The first thing I will try is unplugging the camera from the nav unit and see what that does.

The installation of the backup camera involved getting into the hatchback and attaching the camera. Fishing the wire through to the gasket connecting the hatch to the cabin. Fishing the wire through the gasket, to the left rear door, into the path where a bunch of wires go to the front of the driver's door, up through the dash to the back of the NAV system.

Could it be an interference issue? Is there an antennae somewhere along the way that I could have bumped?

Any suggestions for things to check?

Unrelated?

Thanks.