1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need some parts help, mirror side markers

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by RadioZero, Aug 29, 2009.

1. RadioZero

RadioZero Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I ordered the JDM mirror side markers for our car through Sigma Automotive. Edward @ Sigma has ran into a road block on the wiring harness. he received the LED turn signals but there is no harness attached. he cannot find a part number to order the correct wires. does anyone have access to the Japanese market parts catalog? i give Edward @ Sigma credit, he's definitely trying to find the part but he does not have access to toyotas japanese parts catalog.

Post up if you know how to find this part number.

here are pics of the back of the turn signals where the harness attaches.

Image_SignalMirror03 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Image_SignalMirror01 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

click on the links to see the pics, don't understand why i couldn't post the pics in this thread?? :confused:

2. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No help but a quick question. I'm also hoping to add these at some point...are they a complete replacement for the side mirrors?

3. RadioZero

RadioZero Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    no, just the lense and the body colored outer shell.

4. DonD

DonD Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Plan to order these myself. Any idea if the non-tech user can install this himself?

5. RadioZero

RadioZero Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    i plan to do a DIY post once the parts arrive. the harness issues is a bump in the road because it makes this mod a little less "plug and play".

does anybody have a friend that can get a JDM part number? if we can give sigma the JDM part number, they can order the correct part.

6. SFguy2009

SFguy2009 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I am also waiting for the same JDM wiring harness / connector from Sigma. Hopefully they come thru. I am not "auto tech-savvy" so I have told them I can wait as long as it takes until the necessary part comes in. Supposedly this unit comes with the complete folding assembly, but all I need is the signal side mirror cover with plug&play connector. Hoping for good news soon ...

7. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes, please keep us updated. I totally want to do this as well but have been waiting for a success story before I order them.

8. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  9. RadioZero

RadioZero Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    i am still hoping for help from some of our international members, but so far no luck.

it's a pretty simple task, call a japanese dealer, get the part number, post up the number and get a thanks on the board.

if i could speak japanese, i would call a dealer in japan. if i knew a japanese dealer that could speak english, i would call them to get the part number. super simple deal, all we need is one part number, not a complete list of stuff to buy.

10. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You're assuming the mirror is already wired for the turn signal. I doubt it.

1 person likes this.
  11. RadioZero

RadioZero Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    no, the mirror wire is what i need.

the door appears to be pre-wired, not the mirror.

12. tjp74

tjp74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hmm... you know, Japan isn't the only country getting the turn signal mirror. Pretty much everywhere outside of US is getting it.
    How about Australia, New Zealand or UK? Their accent isn't that difficult to understand :D

I am also going to order one soon when I am done with foglight install. My wife is only allowing 1 thing at a time. :nono:

13. Edward Walsh

Edward Walsh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Hi RadioZero:

Have you by chance sent a PM to Ken1784 in Japan? He might be of assistance to you in getting the Part # - no harm asking.

I think both the US and Canadian Models are the few that don't have the built in turn signals on the rear view mirrors. Would have been nice even as an option as it was on my 2007 Mazda 3 GT Sport. Wasn't that expensive and looked nice!

All the best.....

14. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That would certainly make things easier.

15. RadioZero

RadioZero Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Edward, i did PM Ken but he elected to pass on helping me with the japanese part numbers. i exchanged 3 pm's with him but he had "no time" to help me.

tjp74, if you can find a part number, please post up.

so far, i have ran into walls asking fellow priuschat members to help me out. (with this part number info)

16. tjp74

tjp74 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Last week, I noticed that the european tech info site for Toyota does have an electronic parts catalogue unlike the US site. 1 hour access is only 3 EURO. I am going to try it tomorrow and see if I can obtain the part number that we are looking for.

Toyota Service Information

1 person likes this.
  17. ken1784

ken1784 SuperMID designer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It is none of my business.
    It's Sigma Auto's support business.

Anyway, it's not that simple as Sigma Auto can't supply the parts.
    The JP side mirrors have an auto fold function as standard and have heated mirrors as option.
    I know the turn signal goes to a J/B seeing the EWD on both JP and US model, but I don't know how these turn signals going from the J/B to door connectors on the US model.

Ken@Japan

18. RadioZero

RadioZero Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    thanks for the reply Ken. Sigma is aware of the auto fold function, there is an existing unused plug in the door of the US model. there is speculation that its for the mirror side markers. We are hoping to find the PN# for the harness inside the mirror to test this theory.

Sigma has access to an older version of toyota's electronic parts catalog. they do not have access (for whatever reason) to toyotas current parts catalog.

i beleive Sigma has shipped my parts. i will probably make due with whatever they ship me and create a DIY thread for this mod.

maybe tjp will pull a number out of the euro parts catalog that will help. keeping my fingers crossed.

19. garygid

garygid Senior Member - Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am also interested.
    How much does it cost?
    What parts are you expecting?
    What do you remove and replace?
    The mirror, and ???

What does the unused connector in the door look like?
    Is it 2-conductor, or more?

If there is an "easy" way to access it, I can test its function.

Might it connect to the optional heater as well?

Thanks, Gary

20. RadioZero

RadioZero Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Garygid,

here is the thread in the audio forum which speculates that there is wiring in the door for the mirror turn signals. no one has confirmed this because no one has the side mirrors yet.
    http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...67089-removing-front-door-6x9-speakers-2.html

i have purchased the parts from sigma automotive but they are still waiting on the painted outer covers to arrive and hoping they can get the correct factory harness before they ship everything to me.

currently, if you purchase the parts from sigma you receive the led turn signal and the factory color matched outer mirror shell (if your car is JDM color). Sigma is trying to include the wiring harness but can't locate the correct part number. there is the rub.

here is the link to sigma:
    Toyota Prius 2010+ ZVW30 Exterior Accessories :: Sigma Automotive

any and all help is appreciated!!

1 person likes this.