1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need source for new wheel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dan1520, Aug 24, 2010.

1. dan1520

dan1520 Junior Member

While exiting our bank's drive-thru I turned the wheel a bit too soon and the right rear wheel scraped the high curb rather hard. Ever since then, I've been losing air in that tire. I pulled the wheel and checked for leaks but found none. However, it loses air when I drive which causes me to think the wheel is the problem whereby it loses air when the car makes turns and the tire comes apart from the wheel. The proof of this was the car sat for two months and no air was lost. My questions are this;

Is there another source for wheels other than the dealer? I suspect a junk yard is one source. Any other sources?

What other Prius years will fit the car? Mine is a 2005.

I check the spare but it's yellow and only good as a spare.

Thanks

2. Bob64

Bob64 Sapphire of the Blue Sky

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you try finding the leak? Use soapy water and a sprayer. Pump your tire up to like 45 psi and then spray around the tire until you find bubbles.

As for looking for a new wheel.... you can try ebay or steve at autobeyours.com (he salvages priuses)

3. actros

actros New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Adopt a part in Denver has them.
    303 296 2211
    No sweat!
    Actros