1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need suspension diagrams for rubber lubrication

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by icyrius, Jul 21, 2018.

1. icyrius

icyrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    My 2011 Gen 3's rear suspension sounds just like an old wooden rocking chair every time I get in and out of my car. I watched a couple of videos in YouTube and they showed this noise goes away by lubricating the rubber suspension components.

Can anybody share the PDF sheet with the diagram showing the rear suspension assembly? This would save me some time when I look for them under the car.

Thanks

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Did the videos you saw show some method of lubricating the rubber parts short of disassembly? Mine sound the same way.

-Chap

3. icyrius

icyrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    One video showed lubricating a Toyota Camry suspension using a spray gun. The only disassembly done was removing the tires. The process seemed simple to do. I was hoping to have a diagram to find every rubber bushing needing lubrication.

4. icyrius

icyrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Well, I finally had the time to look for those rear bushings and to my surprise the Prius did not have a rear bar with bushings (similar to the videos in YouTube). It basically rests on the shock absorvers and springs.
    The noise suddenly went away now that it has been raining everyday. Not sure how the rain contributed to it, but rear suspension creaking is certainly not there anymore.

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I would have guessed the two large bushings (48725 F and G) and maybe the smaller ones that are integral with the bottom ends of the shock absorbers (image from parts.toyota.com):

[​IMG]

But I wouldn't have guessed it'd be easy to lube those bushings without removing them, which is a boatload of work, and I think they're supposed to not be reused if removed....

-Chap

6. icyrius

icyrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the diagram. I will check again next weekend and post the findings.