1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need to change horror movies

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by aaf709, Dec 23, 2005.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    In horror movies the writers have to come up with hurdles to prevent the victims, er, heroes from escaping easily. Some that are used is..

1) Getting Lost- Easy in the old days to have a group looking at a map (or having to take a detour due to construction) and ending up right at the killer's house. Considering that many cars (like the Prius) have built-in NAV systems, or have a portable GPS, it's much harder to be able to get lost.

2) Phone wires clipped- Ain't that easy to say, "You can't call for help, the lines are down!" now that so many people have cell phones. A dead battery might work for an excuse, but it would be rare nowadays that only one person has the only cell phone. A "dead" area where a signal isn't getting out would work too.

3) Fumbling with keys- Remember movies where the victim rushes to the car and wastes time trying to unlock it, orjumps into the car and can't find the keys, or has a hard time inserting it in the keyhole? With a Prius with SKS they would simply jump in and press "Power." The excuse here would have to be either the battery in the fob is low (so they have to take time to use the emergency key and try to put the fob in the slot in a panic), or a newbie driver pressing "Power"without pressing the brake pedal.

Just some thoughts. I've seen a couple of movies where the area had a "dead zone" so a cell phone couldn't be used, but it's not as easy as it was to get people in jeopardy. :)

2. tunabreath

tunabreath New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1) Getting lost -- I think I may have seen an episode of some TV show once where an evil person lured their victim to a remote location by tampering with the maps in the victim's NAV system.

2) Phone wires clipped -- the bad guy can always say "ha ha ha -- I've jammed all cell phone signals in the immediate area".

3) Fumbling with keys -- yeah, this is a toughie. The fob can always be lost/stolen, but that's not quite the same.