1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need to replace black trim around rear bumper

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by woemcats, Feb 28, 2007.

1. woemcats

woemcats New Member

About five months ago I was parallel parking when I backed into a very high curb with the left rear corner of the bumper. The impact damaged the black liner that fits underneath the rear bumper and form a lip around the bottom of the car. It looks to be in three sections, and the one that's hanging is the leftmost. I hope I am describing this well enough, because I never really noticed it until it was loosened.

Anyway, it hung on for a couple of months until yesterday, when I was again parking and the very edge of the thing scraped over a (lower) curb and it finally came off. Now it's attached in the rear but not up near and just behind the rear left wheel.

I want to get it replaced and it seems like it should be simple enough to just get that one part fixed, but I can't seem to get an idea of what the part might be/cost. I really hope it won't require the replacement of the entire bumper!

Anyone help me out here? I need to get to a shop/the dealer one of these days.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(woemcats @ Feb 28 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]397811[/snapback]</div>
    Someone here's been desperately trying to sell those parts for about a year....
    He's selling all 3 pieces, but for $100 it's probably as cheap or cheaper than you can get it from Toyota
    http://priuschat.com/Lower-rear-spoiler-Le...pal-t22112.html

3. woemcats

woemcats New Member

Well that answers my question! Thanks!

Man, everything I do to this car costs $200 to fix. That's what I get for moving to the city.

4. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Feb 28 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]397814[/snapback]</div>
    That's a very good price. The Hoy-Fox site lists each part at $100 or more with the discount. Unfortunately, the data base has been screwed up for weeks such that the diagrams that shows the parts are all missing. So now, you are never sure if you have the right part.

eg: the side ones??
    http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=2

- Tom