1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Need to stay at San Diego for a week- Suggest some good budget hotel….

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by ziongarcia, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ziongarcia

ziongarcia New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    [FONT=&quot]I have traveled to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]San Diego[/FONT][FONT=&quot] many times from my home town [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Phoenix[/FONT][FONT=&quot] but usually I used to return by night. This time I would have to stay there for a week to attend a seminar. Can anybody suggest me some good budget hotels in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]San Diego[/FONT][FONT=&quot]?[/FONT]

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn Mainbay (by Seaworld), it was a very nice hotel with a friendly staff. They take the entertainment card so I believe the rate was around $50

3. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Where is your seminar going to be held?

4. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We're big fans of "Hotel La Pensione". Its a more European style travelers hotel, along the lines of a Hostel but private rooms, no bunk beds. Just a simple private room, at a pretty good price. Nice center courtyard design like a lot of Euro budget hotels, great coffee shop on ground floor, great location right in Little Italy. You can walk to the waterfront, down town, gaslamp, balboa park, or jump on the trolley with a couple of blocks of the Hotel. Last I knew it was around $70-80 a night. Not the cheapest thing in town, but hard to beat for the location. Most of the cheap places are out on the interstate and you have to drive back and forth and worry about parking. From this location we usually don't end up needing our car the whole time we're in SD.

San Diego Hotel La Pensione

The only time we don't stay there is when we can hotwire into a better hotel at a similar price.

Rob

5. howardbc

howardbc Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just spent 3 nights at a very nice Bed & Breakfast in Chula Vista. It's called El Primero Hotel. The breakfasts were wonderful, but it was around $130 a night. If your seminar is close to a train station, that is another consideration. Or you can take the bus. Enjoy!:)

6. tayloryadiel

tayloryadiel New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    [FONT=&quot]San Diego[/FONT][FONT=&quot] has good budget hotels and what one ideally needs is a place in a good easily accessible location. I stayed last summer at a rather nice affordable place which is centrally located. Visit their site www.californiasuiteshotel.com and check whether rooms are available or not. Good luck for your seminar.[/FONT]