1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Needed Someone that has added Fog Lights...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rockin Prius, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Rockin Prius

Rockin Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Needed Someone that has added Fog Lights...

I have looked... and looked... but can not find a complete thread on this project... just bits and pieces.

I have a 2008 with NO fog lights.

There are cut outs in the grill where they would go...

Question #1- Is this an easy process to get the cut outs off or do I need another grill?

Question #2- What on a 2008 model year... do I need (parts) for this project.... from start to finish? :confused:

Question #3- I have read that the Yaris kit will work... is this fact? :eek:

Any information from anyone that has done this project will be appreciated. :D

I found this on line... will this work and be worth it?

http://www.blinglights.org/

I called a local aftermarket company and they are looking into it for me... but I want to know ahead of time what they should OR should not do.

PS I called BOTH of my local Toyota Dealer Parts departments and asked if I could get a kit for my car... "NO" and they were basically RUDE to me.... hmmmmm

2. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a 2008 with NO fog lights.

Only the cars with the HID headlights got them. Don't know why.

Question #1- Is this an easy process to get the cut outs off or do I need another grill?

On my '04 they just pull forwards to come out.

I called a local aftermarket company and they are looking into it for me... but I want to know ahead of time
    what they should OR should not do.

They definitely should not put in the factory "fog" light. They are OK for DRLs but useless for driving by. I have the factory fogs and have been thinking about how to put real lights in their place.

3. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    toyota (like many other manufacturer's) like to package options together, that's why you get fogs with xenons.

its just plain rude to put fogs on a stripped down unloaded prius, cause from the outside at a glance the fogs are the only way to tell the unloaded prius from a better appointed one, so if people started doing this it would make buying a used prius on cars.com or ebay so much harder.

the reason is cause most people and dealers don't list xenon HIDs as a selling feature when selling a used prius (idiots), so all you have to do is look for the fog lamps to see if you got yourself a winner. but if people started adding fogs to an unloaded prius this method would no longer work and the universe will implode on itself.

4. Rockin Prius

Rockin Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    HHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAWAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA (SNIFF SNIFF WIPING TEARS FROM EYES ) HAAAAAAA WAHHAHAWWWWAAAAAAAAAA :pound::pound:

5. Rockin Prius

Rockin Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the information :)!!!!

6. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I added foglights to our '08. I used the following parts:

New aftermarket (Depo brand) Prius foglights. About $50 each.

A Yaris aftermarket foglight kit. I cannot remember if it was for the hatch back or the sedan. I does matter though because the foglight buttons are different. It was $35.

A set of new foglight grills. About $22 each.

A pair of fog light bulb connectors from a local auto parts store. About $5

Installation was straight forward:

First thing is to change the bulb connectors on the Yaris harness. They are different than the Prius foglight bulb connector. You can just pull the pins out of the connector and swap them into the replacement connector.

Remove driver side wheel and wheel well liner.
    Run the fog light harness from the cabin to the bumper making sure to tie it back around the suspension. There is a firewall plug near the "A" pillar that you can run the harness through.

Remove the grill blanks, pull the wiring through the openings, attach the wiring to the foglights, snap the foglights into the bumper, and then snap the new grills to the bumper.

On the inside remove the knee panel and then remove a button blank.

Wire in the new harness and then pop in the new button. (helpful tip: There is a 12V supply connection on the big white junction panel. You will see two male terminals, one is constant 12V and the other is switched 12V.)

7. Rockin Prius

Rockin Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! That's what I was looking for ! :D

8. deltron3030

deltron3030 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model: