1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Needed, used '01-'03 HV battery pack

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by efusco, Aug 31, 2006.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a private e-mail today from a forum member who hasn't quite gotten the hang of using the forum. Anyway, he has a salvage '02 Prius that somehow got water in the battery compartment at some point and now has a rusting battery pack that must be replaced.

I found one pack on e-bay for $1400, but his dealer's wanting to charge him $5000 for a new one with warranty.

If there's anyone in the SWMO/NWAR area (couple hundred mile radius I guess) that knows of a wreck or available battery pack I'm sure this guy would appreciate knowing about it.

2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    As usual, one could inquire at LKQ online (salvage auto dismantler). They seem to be able to deliver parts to one of their nearby affiliates for a small (or zero) shipping charge.

Not within your radius, Foster Auto in Portland OR used to have 5 that they offered on ebay from time to time for $1000 (!). They may still have, and their price might have 'softened'.

Has your friend inquired whether the local Toyota shop will pay him the $200 bounty for the 'wet one'?

In a vehicle that had been immersed so deeply, I imagine there could be several other problems with electrical connections etc.

3. beprod44

beprod44 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Aug 31 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]312143[/snapback]</div>