1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Negative Post In The SF BAy Area

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by V8Cobrakid, Dec 24, 2004.

1. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was scanning through Craigslist when i saw these series of post. This one in particular caught my eye.

I can not find the original post and will not post such faul language on the board. So link is all i can do. They will expire though. I'm guessing the original thread already did, which is why i can not find it.

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/rnr/52727502.html

One Persons Reply: http://www.craigslist.org/sby/rnr/52729288.html

Another reply: http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/rnr/52730006.html

A reply to the original thread? http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/rnr/52795564.html

2. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    stupidest thing ever.. he himself didn't even do the "research". prius has higher test ratings than an escalade

3. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    and the batteries at not as bad as he says.. plus.. emissions do make that much of an impact.. and so on. i'm sure others will post more info/comments.

4. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wow....just...wow. So much hate and anger on that site's posts (from all parties involved in that thread)! I am glad we don't have such talk on PriusChat!

5. DaveG

DaveG Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Hmm... Didn't realize that craigslist had that sort of crap on it. I've seen their quite decent job posting sites and such and quite liked it.

That sort of "forum" really lowers my opinion of the entire site. Nothing but a rant-fest for lowlifes of low intelligence.

Dave

6. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Craigslist has it's high class sections and low class sections. It's really a place for everyone to reach out.. some, literally.

7. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Good Lord, talk about bottom-feeders! Sure looks like that person "forgot" to take their meds. I have a comment for him though, phrased in language he'll be sure to understand:

"Hey d*** wad, why is it after every f****** blizzard, it seems every vehicle upside down in the motherf****** median is a huge motherf****** SUV or pickup. And the reason it ended t*** up in the motherf****** ditch is because the d*** wad owner thought he was invincible in that motherf****** giant SUV or pickup and drove like a f******* idiot until he lost control."

Where does NHTSA claim giant pickups and SUV's are safer? Indeed, IIHS (Independent insurance co funded research) testing reveals just the opposite: in an offset crash most giant vehicles do quite poorly.

True, physics will predict that if a Prius or, God Help You a Mini Cooper, goes head on into a Chevy Suburban at +40 MPH, you'll need a spatula to scrape the Prius or Mini Cooper occupants out of the wreckage.

Much like if you put that Suburban up against a loaded Kenworth, you'll need a spatula to scrape the occupants out of the wreckage of the Suburban.

Sure wish that psychoactively-challenged individual would at least have TRIED to get some facts straight. As far as I know, the only lead-acid battery in the Prius is that dinky 12V one in the hatch. The main battery pack is NiMH.

Mr. "Compensating for something" nudge-nudge wink-wink probably has a MUCH bigger lead-acid battery under the hood of his ride. Odd how I've downsized to the Prius and feel perfectly adjusted and normal. Guess I don't have to "compensate" for anything, hmmm?

Nudge-nudge wink-wink snicker-snicker.

I noticed the poster is returned from the Gulf. My hat's off to him, very brave and doing a fine job. We'll face a lot more tough battles over the years as more unstable countries commit terrorist acts against us, which will suck us into war with them, which is what they wanted all along to take the focus off their crappy 3rd world existence.

But don't point a finger at me, blaming my car or my career or whatever, for a war starting to go badly. Blame poor troop support and bad planning.

And don't wave a flag at me while driving your "American made" giant SUV or pickup. I suggest he carefully read the build tag to determine exactly where that beast was put together.

You know, in a patriotic country like Canada or Mexico. Much like the gap-toothed Chevy freaks who zip their lips when they discover their "patriotic" ride is assembled in Mexico, Canada, or, drum roll please, South Korea.

Well, at least the badge is still a bowtie, right??

Wait until GM and the rest start cranking them out in Godless Communist Prison Labor China.

Yeesh, I was having a very merry Christmas until I read that bottom-feeder garbage. Want to bet that character commits Road Rage if he has a chance to get away with it??

8. prius04

prius04 New Member

We can take solace in the fact that we must be winning. How else can you explain the anger that this craigslist poster surely had?

He sees the writing on the wall and he's scared to death. He clearly has already invested tons of energy in a belief system, and that belief system is collapsing. Hence the anger.

9. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    To be sure. I can only imagine what an a**hole this person is around his children, if he refers to them as "screaming bastards."

That poor soul was probably abused as a child, and he is now heaping the same abuse on his kids. Of course, the "tradition" continues.

10. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you go to craigslist and type in "hybrid" under rants and raves... you'll find more of these post

11. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :roll: Without fail....

The nastiness of the lauguage is inversely proportional to the I.Q.

My 2¢ worth...

12. KCPrius

KCPrius Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jayman\";p=\"59823)</div>
    Amen to that one.

13. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius04\";p=\"59830)</div>
    Sun__Tsu, Didn't you once write years ago that one who realizes that he is fighting a losing battle will fight with more fervor and anger than one who sees inevitable victory? It is for this reason that when you see someone fighting a revolution that much, you know it is their insecurities making them so angry.

Seeing other poeple on other boards such as that one makes me truly appreciate the civility of all the members of PriusChat. Sure we argue the topics and often get heated, but except for a very few exceptions, members here don't attack one another.

14. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I find that some what unbelievable but there was a posting a few weeks ago for a satellite radio site with similar language and sentiment. For the most part these people do not understand the technology. I would imagine that their greatgrandfathers had similar feelings expressed in the same language when the automobile was replacing the horse. Once 99% of us have moved on to the next technology their children will buy our Prii second or third hand. Hopefully some of them will try to work on the inverter or battery with a monkey wrench and a hammer and be nominated for a Darwin Award.

15. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Let's not forget this enlightened individual refers to his children as "3 screaming bastards to take to school."

When somebody goes off on a wild rant like that, he isn't wired up right. This is the same sort of person who will commit road rage if he perceives that you "cut him off" or "drive too slow."

He claims he hasn't had an accident since 1992? I've had two accidents in my entire life. Ironically, each time I was rear-ended at a red light, while I was sitting there stopped. In both cases, a person just as flaky and out-of-control as the anti-Prius ranter approached me and blamed me for the accident.

This may even be the same sort of person who, when he pulls even with you at a light, takes out a gun and REALLY loses it. Or perhaps he'll have a REAL bad day and take a gun to work; you know, to "teach" everybody a lesson.

I'm still not sure what is the worst point in all of this: the fact he has children who are obviously mistreated, the fact he can't even take the time to look up some basic facts about the Prius (Even from the brochure), or the fact he is right on the edge, and the next time one of us signals a fraction of a second too early or too late, he'll go bucking fonkers.

16. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Don't believe everyone who states he's just back from the latest war front...... sounds like the most recent thing he's battled is diarrhea of the brain box. :lol:

17. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Oh. In that case, I recommend an Imodium G and Haldol cocktail. Cheers!

18. rmm20

rmm20 New Member

Just because this is on Craig's List, don't blame
    the SF Bay area for this poster.

I am from the Bay area, and I find myself
    to be the epitome of reasonableness...

My wife probably has a counter opinion.

Robert

19. V8Cobrakid

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From the responsed that i've seen, no one is blaming the Bay Area. I myself live in San Jose. I'm just awakened to the negativity that some people express by reading those post on craigslist. I can't say that i didn't expect it. I'm sure people everwhere think along the lines that that guy does. I'm simply suprised that someone took the time to rant on an open forum.

I am not, however, suprised to see there are people so ill educated about technology around this area.