1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Negotiated Price?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Jed Blaugrund, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Jed Blaugrund

Jed Blaugrund New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone successfully negotiated down from the sticker price on a Plug-in? I'm used to "getting a deal on a car" and doing a lot of research on dealer costs and hold-backs before buying. I'd love to know what to expect when I approach the dealer with my intent to buy. Thank you!

2. radiocycle

radiocycle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well, we got a substantial mark-down from sticker price but only because of the buying power of a 'group deal'. I could/would never try to go head to head with the sharks at dealerships on my own... That would be the worst part of a buying experience for me, I just can't do it. Yet others find it a fun game. Good luck!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    depends on location. here in mass, i've seen the base advertised for 30k. but you won't have your choice of color.

4. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Sales of the plug in are down since intro, if the law of supply and demand works you should be able to deal on the car.

5. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

6. bfd

bfd Plug-In Perpetuator

Close to SDSU in the Far Southwest Corner of Cali
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Dianne appears to have a number of PiPs languishing on her lot in Carson right now. I bet she'd cut you a good deal. You'd have to factor in the cost of transport if you're not in So Cal, but there's no harm in asking…

7. JamesBurke

JamesBurke Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not in your market but New Toyota Sales | Toyota Sedans, Hybrids, SUVs in Baltimore, MD in the Baltimore, MD area has all their PHV's at $3,000 below MSRP and TFS is offering $500 cashback (maybe included in dealer markdown). Only dealer I could find willing to put their price upfront. I have no experience with this dealer just a regional dealer from the Toyota site.