1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Neil Young warehouse blaze started in hybrid 'LincVolt' car

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Octane, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Octane

Octane Proud Member of 100 MPG Club

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    wow! and i thought he was dead!

3. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a bummer, I'm sure some folks will jump on this to "prove" hybrids and EVs are unsafe.

I drove by the warehouse the morning after the fire. Lots of news crews but no Neil.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well that does it for me!

Because a rare one of a kind speciality car somehow ignited a warehouse, that proves to me all hybrids and electrics are dormant fire starters just waiting to torch.

I'm going to buy a fire extinguisher and a Nissan Cube like Mr. Sikes and hunker down for the appocalypse.

1 person likes this.
  5. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wow, I saw the car at SEMA two weeks ago. That thing was complicated! There was an old guy standing nearby with a LincVolt shirt on, maybe it was Neil. I do not know.

That LincVolt had a zillion wires and they had the floorpan off where a floor shifter would be. A guy had a laptop hooked up and they were trying to do something. I have a picture around here somewhere...

6. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Found it. Check out the spaghetti. See attachment...

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  7. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My my, hey hey Rock and roll is here to stay.
    It's better to burn out Than to fade away!

Guess we will have to rethink that lyric

8. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh crap. Sorry to hear it, Neil. What a lousy way to celebrate your birthday.

9. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm was sorry to hear about it, but I also read the comments, and agree with some on that story.

Maybe it was god's way of telling neil "Hey get rid of some of that stuff!" Its hard for me to see these liberal "environmentalists" that are preaching about saving the earth, but have so much stuff they need huge warehouses to hold of the junk they can't keep in their mansions. A tesla is a cool car and doesn't use gas, but hey $100K is just too everyman. I'll pay a company that did the govenors hummer a lot more money to retrofit my 20' antique whale to run on vegtable oil, unicorn farts, and electricity. And surprise, surprise, they didn't really do their homework, hell it was for the movie not for real, and it burned up.:) Ok evil sarcasm mode off.

Neil is rich and has every right to do what he wants with his money. He also does a lot of good charity work. But this car and wharehouse are all about ego, and fake environmentalism, and nothing about really helping the earth.

Maybe it is better to burn out, than to rust. Neil get rid of that junk. sell it on ebay and give the money to those it can help.