1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 05 Prius Owner in Los Angeles, CA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by praeeo, Nov 30, 2004.

1. praeeo

praeeo New Member

:cussing:
    all! I'm a new 05 Prius owner in Los Angeles (Franklin Hills/Silverlake), California. It's a wonderful vehicle! I've had it for about three weeks now and I just get so excited everytime I'm in it.

It's a black ext/grey int, 2005 Toyota Prius, Package 3. Didn't need the Nav System as my Personal Data Assistant (PDA) is GPS equipped. I think the SKS is wonderful, though...I just leave my key/transponder in my briefcase when working and pocket on off-days. I'm looking forward to learning more about the Prius from everyone here.

For those of you in Los Angeles or who are in the city, please know that Mayor Hahn, City Council, and with the support of wonderful City Councilman Eric Garcetti...All Prii (all hybrids for that matter) can park in metered areas for free as long as you pay attention to the parking limitations (ie. parking from 8AM-4PM only). It's a pilot program that started in October 2004 and will maybe end in mid 2005.

I hope the freeway HOV/carpool lane issue will be resolved soon. Though I don't take the freeway very much, it'd be great for times when I have to take a mad dash to LAX!

Praeeo

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome to PriusChat! Be sure to check out the Local Prius Club for LA (click Usergroups above) and their local club forum.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to the Cult of the Prius, Praeeo. I hope you enjoy your new car as much as most of us here do.

I'm not sure you're going to receive a warm welcome, however, if you start every thread cussing.

Just kidding. Confused, but kidding.

What was your wait?

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Welcome. I have had mine for 3 and a half months and am still amazed and delighted.