1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NEW 06 nl7- reset button on the consumption screen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by drpointer, Jan 13, 2006.

1. drpointer

drpointer New Member

Hi guys,
    I just got the new 06 package NL7, and LOVE this car.
    I BEAM about it to everyone at work. One lady has a freakin "propane"/gas hybrid EXPIDITION :blink: , that is HUGE (and SHE gets an HOV sticker, and I can't????) , and has terrible mileage, and NOW she is SOOOO jealous, especially when I showed her the rearview camera, and my cell phone went off and I used my prius for the call!!

Anyways, I've searched the threads, and no direct answers to these questions came up, so I'll ask again, sorry.

What is that reset button for on the Consumption screen? From what I read, I'm supposed to hit that with every new tank of gas...right?

Someone else on this board said the '06 will "automatically" reset itself, when you fill up the tank with more than 2 gallons...is that correct?

Will hitting the reset button also reset the "Avg MPG" that I see ?
    And is there a place on the MFD that shows my cumulative mpg over the life of the car?

So far, in flat old phoenix, Im getting 40.1 mpg on the initial "free" tank from the dealer. Im lovin' that compared to my 25mpg Acura 3.2 CL type S.

Bottom line is this car FUN to drive...even though it's not 260hp, and turbo, it has so many cool gadgets, I'm never bored. My ipod is finally being used too!
    Thanks guys, this board rocks. :)

2. benighted

benighted New Member

Correct. You just hit that reset button whenever you want your Average MPG reset. The Average MPG is per tank, not lifetime. It will reset itself when you refuel and start to drive away so just ignore the reset button unless you have a good reason to reset it. :)

3. Zacher

Zacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hmmm, not at all what I have observed thus far in my '06...

4. MyPria

MyPria New Member

Hi There!
    I just got my 2nd Prius on Monday. The reset button will automatically reset when you fill up or you can hit it to reset. The MFD does not keep a running mgp total. I keep a journal for every fill up to know the average mpg for the life of the car. BTW, don't clean your MFD screen with the reset button. It is very easy to reset if you wipe down the screen. Clean the screen with a eyeglass cleaner cloth when it is OFF. Enjoy!

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've got an 06' now and have gotten 3 tanks of gas. The average mpg still has not reset so for 06, in mine at least, it does keep a running total of the cars lifetime avg mpg.

The distance in miles next to the average does reset when you fill up but not the running mpg avg. Now to never accidentally hit that reset button! :lol:

btw drpointer, I had an 03' acura tl type s and yeah, I'm much happier with all the gimmiks this car has and getting 44-45 mpg so far instead of the 18 city/30hwy of the acura...