1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New '06 package 6 at $1000 under MSRP

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by FrankBrock, Jan 10, 2006.

1. FrankBrock

FrankBrock New Member

On December 31 I got a call from a DARCAR saleman I'd spoke to several days before. He said "one day only" they'd go down to $1000 below MSRP on any Prius on the lot ('05 or '06). Plus I could take delivery on Jan 2nd to get the tax credit. I almost went out & bought one, but at the time I was still leaning toward the Mazda3 (30+ MPG and a heck of a lot of fun to drive), plus I was getting ready for our New Year's bash.

Today while browsing the CarMax web site I notice that the Laurel CarMax (which also sells new Toyotas) has a '06 package #6 for $1003 under MSRP. The only downside is the color is white. I hate white -- looks like a fleet car.

So for the heck of it I called the DARCAR salesman back & asked if they'd still do $1000 under list for an '06 ... and he said yes. They have (spread across lots at several DC area locations) at least 15 2006s -- pretty even mix of package #2, #6 and #8.

I'm still not sure I'm going to go with a Prius -- have to do my 2005 taxes and see if I get hit with the AMT this year -- but it's a good deal for somebody.