1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new '07 package 6 Prius owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Adam Lee, May 10, 2008.

1. Adam Lee

Adam Lee Kung Pao Master

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello, all!

As of today; I have been a first-time Prius owner for one week. It has been a great experience! From the immersion in acclimating to a vehicle that, in comparison to my Honda CR-V, is a space shuttle; my "geek factor" has massively increased. My 70-mile daily round trip commute has suddenly become more economical and sort of fun.....never before have I had so many onboard screens to peruse and view.

The Bluetooth link is cool too; didn't have that in my Honda.....now, my wife's Mini Cooper S isn't the only car in the family to be wireless!

At 44 years of age, and untold numbers of used cars, trucks, bikes, and so on; I feel like I've finally made a "grown up" choice in a vehicle from the POV of economy, environmental impact, and build quality.

OK, off the soapbox....obviously I'm a little stuck on my car right now....

(my 3rd grade students really think it's cool, by the way! I showed them some pics of it on the classroom LCD projector)

Looking forward to learning and contributing here on the board!

Adam

Attached Files:

2. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello Adam, Welcome to PC. I'll be the 1st to say post pics of your new car!! It's such a great feeling to have an amazing car! & there's so much to learn here! Enjoy!

3. Adam Lee

Adam Lee Kung Pao Master

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    pics added!

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Achtung! You made a great color choice Adam, welcome to PriusChat! :welcome:

5. Adam Lee

Adam Lee Kung Pao Master

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks, Bill...BTW, here's the complete version of the sticker on my Prius - I got that when I was in Berlin a few years ago; it managed to survive relocation from my Honda to my Prius....enjoy the sentiment!

(Germany is one of my fave places to visit..I was a young lad there for a few years in the 60's when my dad was in the army)

[​IMG]

Adam

6. Adam Lee

Adam Lee Kung Pao Master

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just a brief update on the new purchase, then I'll keep my notes in other forum areas where appropriate:

Average mileage on my week and a half or so of Prius ownership, over about 800 miles of driving (it sure racks up!) has been 48.5mpg.....

that's without too many radical changes other than - 1. following the speed limit, 2. using the "egg uder the pedal" acceleration strategy; and 3. LOTS of following and reaction distance....

I'm pretty darn happy!:)

Oh, and I have grades and hills to contend with on my journey, as well as typical hell traffic on I-66 from ALexandria to Centreville.

Adam

7. sandman

sandman Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on your new prius...What tire pressure are you running I found 46(front)-44(rear) works best for me its an easy way to gain a couple more MPG's.. Also learn to coast all you can, but most important have fun and be careful watching the display..