1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New $20 FM Transmitter for the iPod works in L.A.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mitchla, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

Since I've pretty much given up on ever getting the Aux In jack from Coastal Dave for the iPod, I decided to give this new FM transmitter a try and I'm glad I did. It's only 20 bucks... and works! Hey, it's FM so it's not audiophile stuff, but for me it's OK. And I was sick of the clutter and capstan sound of having a tape adapter.

It only transmits on one frequency so there's no set up -- just plug and play. I live in Los Angeles where there's a faint station on that frequency of 107.7. But as soon as I plug in the gizmo, the station disappears.

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm...m=NWTFMTRANSMIT

I'm happy (enough).

Cheers...

2. Ron K

Ron K Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Belkin makes an FM transmitter for audio that the user can select any FM frequency. It sells for about 40 and I saw it at Best Buy

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have used 3 transmiters with my iPod. A cheep black box with limited adjustment. iTrip and the Belkin. I like the Belkin the best.