1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2005 - Question on carpet

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cknight, May 23, 2005.

1. cknight

cknight New Member

Hey everyone, I'm the proud new owner of a 2005 Tidland Perl :) Wait was a lil less than a month. I have 2 questions:

1. I noticed that under both of my front seats there is a 'cut' in the floor carpet - it is a triangle shaped cut looks like it was machine made - not sure if its a defect, or some sorta access ports? Does anyone else with 2005's have these - it became visible when my GF went to drive and of course slid the seat up ALL the way lol.

2. A friend called me yesterday and asked if I could come give him with a jump.... I responded with ya sure.. Oh wait... um.... i honestly dont know! Is this possible from the front jump terminal? Has anyone done it? Are the any special steps to prevent damage?

- Side not - so far 200miles $ 49.7mpg (mixed hwy/city lots of short trips over the weekend)

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1) Well, I don't remember exactly how it looks but I remember vacuuming under the seats and wondering why there was cut carpets. I realise some are for wires and stuff but there was a bit odd. I would wager it's supposed to be that way

2) There was a discussion that it's highly recommended that you *don't* jump start another car with the Prius. You could but it's, you know, not preferred.

3. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

1. You didn't specify your package. Even with my fully loaded BC, there are some unused carpet cutouts. Mainly for mounting bolts and wire harnesses for various optional equipment, some of them not necessarily available in all markets.

2. yes we did have a big discussion on this. If you do decide to give your friend a jump, I strongly suggest you not let him start his car while yours is connected to his. Just use your car as an expensive charger, not a booster. You might blow your electronics or fuses if you do.