1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2006 Prius for $500 below MSRP in Chicago

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by PsyPrius, Feb 22, 2006.

1. PsyPrius

PsyPrius Member

Hey PC Community-

I have been able to arrange a special price in Chicago on any Prius for $500 below MSRP! Order to delivery time is about 4-8 weeks. If ready to make a purchase, let me know. If anyone knows of even better deals, let us all know so we can drive the price down even further. I feel this is a small victory in finally getting alittle breathing room on such an environmentally responsible car. Even though there are tax advantages, I wish we could get the same degree of tax break as Hummer owners do, but hey, I think its a sign of the times. I digress...contact me if interested.

P.S. My original title indicated ALL packages, but I was given inaccurate info. Sorry. I have just been informed this is for Packages #1,4,5,7,8.

-S

2. the fish

the fish Member

That's great news but too far away for me.

In the Atlanta area, it seems like the early 2006 surge is over. In January, I could not find a dealer for less than MSRP - most were MSRP plus $500 to $1,000. My car should be in this week and I hope to get some $ off sticker. They have 3 sitting on the lot right now (pkg 3, 5, 7 - all driftwood).

3. PsyPrius

PsyPrius Member

Best of luck. Shop around if they don't go below MSRP.

4. clintd555

clintd555 New Member

I'm in the south not very far from Atlanta too. I know Chicago is a good 12 hour drive. I guess if I decided to buy a Prius, I'll have to ask myself... if someone paid me $2000 to drive to Chicago and back, would I do it? ($2000 being the savings of paying below MSRP vs paying MSRP)

Not sure what I'll do if I had to make that choice today though...

When I bought my Jetta, the dealer paid my airline ticket to New Orleans and it was only a 5-6 hour drive back. The drive seemed very short in a brand new car. :)

5. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i woudl buy it if it was 500$