1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dafuser, Feb 13, 2006.

1. dafuser

dafuser New Member

Hello all,

Just picked up my Prius in 2006 Driftwood Perl with package#6. I have a quick question.

In the owners manual many of the pictures say Type 1, Type 2, or Type 3. It appears there are at least two different splash screens which display when starting the car. One screen says Prius on it and the other doesn't. What are the differences between Type1 ,Type 2, and Type 3? What about the difference in the splash screens? Mine doesn't say Prius on it when starting the car.

Thanks

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Welcome to PriusChat! And congratulations on your car---my favorite color (which I couldn't find in pkg 3 to buy). Hope you enjoy it.

I just saw your post and will have to scurry for my manual.

3. jeneric

jeneric New Member

From memory, it seems like Type 3 has the NAV button next to the MFD. Type 1 and 2 just seemed like different versions of software. I think I had Type 2.

4. jeneric

jeneric New Member

From the manual and last night, I have a hypothesis. Check it out here.

To summarize I think Type 1 has NAV button next to the display, Type 2 is for High-res screen without NAV, and Type 3 is for basic screen for packages without the backup camera.