1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2008 Silver Pine Mica Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by meyerwc, Mar 15, 2008.

1. meyerwc

meyerwc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just got back from trading the wife's SUV in on a 2008 Silver Pine Mica Prius Package #6.

Did have to make a last minute decision at the dealership.

We had been waiting on the car to arrive for two weeks and we thought we were getting the Bisque interior but had a shock when, after signing all of the paper work, I opened the door of the car to find a Grey interior when we were expecting the Bisque interior.

The guys at the dealership were shocked also.

This was the only Silver Pine Mica Package #6 in the area.

After looking over the car several more times while they attempted to find another car in the channel, I offered a solution, a monetary adjustment, and came home with the car and a little extra cash.

Anyone else out there with this color combo?

This is the first one I have seen.

I guess it will grow on me.

Sure is an interesting car to drive. It will be my daily commuter.

Here are a couple of pictures.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2349/2335455907_a6d83f61d0_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3190/2335454953_18b0c09986_b.jpg

Later.

2. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :welcome:.....seems like we've had a number of silver pine Prii owners in recent days. I love the color, looks like a nice light metalic green in daylight, and silver at night.

Mine supposedly has a "bisque" interior, the window sticker even said so, but it is grey, pure and simple. I don't think you gave up much.

Enjoy the new car and PC.

3. Shadestrades

Shadestrades New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I bought my Prius Touring Package #2 in the same color last week. It's a great car. I've found driving with Cruise Control on, even in city driving, helps to boost MPG.

Enjoy.

4. Texguy

Texguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm waiting on my Silver Pine Mica #6 ash to arrive at the dealer. It's a week late, but confirmed to be at the regional distributor (Gulf States Toyota). Supposed to get to the dealer (and thus me) Tuesday or Wednesday. A six week wait. I wonder if I'll get you're Bisque? lol ...Either is fine w/me. Bisque was my first choice but I changed to ash after consideration of my dog, kids, and the stains I accumulated on my last tan leather seats. Even blue stains from blue jeans!!! IMO bisque is more attractive the first few years, dark gray for the years after that. Enjoy your new Prius. I like your color choice(s)!

5. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on the new Prius, meyerwc. Good choice on color. If I am not mistaken, I think my interior is bisque :confused: and I do love it. We just have to be careful not to stain it, because it will easily show. My Prius is also my daily driver. :music:

Welcome to the forum.

6. lrwPrius

lrwPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi. I just got mine yesterday - I think we have basically the same car. I was debating between dark gray and bisque leather (only options available in my area) and figured that dog drool and that sort of stuff would show up less on the bisque than the gray but from reading here, maybe not... My rules will be "no grape juice, blueberry pie or red wine in the car." :)

I think it's a nice color choice! Congrats on yours...I'm loving mine only 24-hours old.

--Lesli.

7. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have the gray interior & I like it. I've not seen one with the bisque interior.

8. PDX_Val

PDX_Val Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello:

This is my first post as well. I also have a 2008 Silver Pine Mica Prius that I got just before Christmas. Merrry Christmas to me--from me! :love:

I have package #3 and charcoal gray leather with heated seats installed.

I'm pleased to say that I'm getting better and better mileage each time I fill the tank.

Hopefully this link works and you'll be able to see a photo of my car.

Valerie

9. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the grey interior is a winner over the beige interior. Call it bisque if you like but it is still beige to the rest of the world.

10. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Silver pine Mica here with beige interior.
    Good Luck With Your New Baby....... Boy or Girl??