1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2008 Spectra Blue Mica pkg.5

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by thecoook, Apr 22, 2008.

1. thecoook

thecoook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello all! New to Toyota and especially the Prius! Lucked out last week and found some "orphans" just sitting on the dealer lot, wife selected the color, both of us thrilled with the car. Yesterday (Monday, the 21st), wife insisted gas gauge was "broken", after running errands for 4-5 days, I said it was O.K., but she insisted, took a hole 1.8 Gallons(US).

Local paper (Orlando Sentinel) here in Central Flah ran article about 38% rise in Hybrid sales. Interesting in the comments section, all of the hatred, battery and "gay" remarks. All Prius owners who responded loved their cars, no surprise to us.

When driving, lotsa cars move up alongside and watch (listening?), people look in amazement in parking lots when you pull in/out.

Now a couple we are good friends with are gonna buy 2, but they must wait.

2. Jiipa

Jiipa MGySgt USMC (Ret)

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll find them fun and informative.

By the way your wife has great taste in colors.;)

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you really want to gauge how well Prius owners like their cars, check the classified ads for used Prius for sale. In our area (Sac, CA) there aren't any used cars for sale. Hardly ever. If there is, it will sell within a day or two.

I think the haters don't want to accept that gas prices are high and rising; they take out their anger at us. They will get over it eventually.

4. thecoook

thecoook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OOPS! Should be whole...not hole.

5. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome!! You will find tons of great info on this site.
    BTW when are you going to post some pics of your new baby? :party:

6. thecoook

thecoook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'll see if I can set up the old Olympus and a tripod this weekend, that's if the wife will let me have it for that long! Sheesh! Maybe I'll toss in a comparison pic with my car, a 1991 Jag XJ-S V12. That should stir the pudd'in a little!

7. priusuk2008

priusuk2008 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on your new Prius, great colour choice too imho. Not got a camera phone ? My avatar pic was taken using a Sony Ericsson K800i

Enjoy the forum too, really good crowd on here and share your experiences with us all.