1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"New" 2008 Touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by russg, Jul 2, 2010.

1. russg

russg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As I wait for delivery of my car in the next few days, I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with:

The plastic wheel covers (rings) are a bit scuffed. I was told that some people remove this and drive with the uncovered alloys. Anyone have pictures of this? It this a mechanical or aesthetic decision?

Daytime running lights ..... Do we really not have these? I think that I read this but find it hard to believe. I guess it is possible to minimize battery draw.

What package is the NR Package on a Touring considered? 6? It has:
    (from this site) Smart Key System (SKS), Backup Camera, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Anti-Theft System, Electrochromatic Auto-Dimming Mirror, Homelink, JBL Audio AM/FM/6-CD/MP3/WMA w/ 9 speakers and Satellite Radio Capability, Auxiliary Input Jack, Bluetooth Handsfree, Voice-Activated DVD-Based GPS Navigation System, Leather-Trimmed Interior w/ Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel.

Floormats: For winter, Is there a better choice than WeatherTech?
    For the rest of the year, do you suggest factory mats?

Is there a way to know if the TSB's and recall items have been handled? I'm guessing that I have to go to a dealer for that.

There is a sensor on passenger side sitting on IP up against windshield. Is that temp? external light sensor? an antenna? (car does have satellite radio? Any idea?

Factory warranty: Remainder of 5/60 and 8/96. Do I need to transfer this? Is this done at the stealership or can it be done online?

The car I bought is a light blue. What is its official name?

I just had a good friend ask me where I will plug the car in when I'm at work. Then he called me a liberal tree hugger. I love my friends!

Thank you for your anticipated assistance!

Russ

2. DemonSlayer

DemonSlayer White Belt

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    visit my profile page and you can look in my album and see what they look like. I have an 08 Touring.

3. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    from the sounds of it you have a package 6. also, the color is seaside pearl. you can remove the wheel covers and just drive with the alloys underneath. you would need to get the center caps from the base 15" wheel to cover the hole. with the antenna it sounds like you have satellite radio. toyota has oem all season mats, but i would go with weathertech floor liners for the chicago winters. they have a lip around the mat to keep the slush in. i use my weathertech floor liners year round and ditched the carpeted floor mats. you will have to transfer the extended warranty, all it takes is a phone call on the paperwork and a transfer fee. also, the prius does not have daytime running lights.

4. jmbramblett

jmbramblett Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It does not have running lights, however, you can leave the lights on and they automatically turn off when you turn the power off. I also have the seaside pearl and love the color. Have had my 2008 since March and it is so much fun to drive. So far I have only been able to achieve 48-49 miles per gallon on an average. Still trying to reach 50. Have fun and enjoy.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Register the VIN at http://www.toyotaownersonline.com/index.html to get the dealer service records.