1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2009 Touring

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TXSNAKESTER, Sep 30, 2008.

1. TXSNAKESTER

TXSNAKESTER New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Dealer just called and I picked up my 2009 Prius package 5 Touring.. I just traded my 2008 Package 2 . I really can feel the difference in the handling. The ride is much stiffer and more responsive..By the way I gave msrp with no adds for the package 2 and got what I paid on the trade[car had less than 4K miles]. The 2009 was also at msrp. There were no $500 tint jobs, lojack,or any dealer profit items .. I will add my own leather at a cost of about $1000.00 . Catskins is the preferred mfg for aftermarket leather in Texas.. The dealer wanted $1500 for the leather. Really like the HID headlights..

2. Erin Rothchild-Realtor

Erin Rothchild-Realtor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    Congratulations - Sounds like you got a great deal. Picked my 09 Touring Package 2 up today...but with liquicell leather and paid $1300 for that, vehicle was purchased at msrp...Did pay $299 for window tint. Are you going to put any type of skin on the hood,or other areas, such as a 3M product? What color did you have originally and what did you select for your 2009? Mine is Silver Pine Mica with Bisque - which is Beige Leather. Did you go for an extended warranty or prepaid maintanance? Happy Driving and Congratultions Again.... Erin

3. Santiago

Santiago New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Glad you really can feel the difference in the handling and that the ride is much stiffer and more responsive. I opted for the Touring (09 with Pkg #6) but did so based on research rather than having a non-Touring product to compare it to.

I just finished a Tint Job through a local 3M Firm and really like the results. They also did a clear Bra so I am protected against rocks. Finally, I just installed the side protective strips to protect against dings. Guess my budget it shot at this point.

You will profit from the help you will receive in PriusChat Forums.

4. filiberti

filiberti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    V
    cool / I have a 07 #6 thinking of going for a 09 Touring cause now I finally see touring models on the lot in New jersey, I am in New york see none by me so driving 1.5hr to new jersey to check. Over phone salesman quoting me $12,000 to upgrade to 09 Touring that means 17,000 for my 07 #6 non touring with 11k miles
    I was looking for $8000-9000 to upgrade. These toyota salesmen in NE are difficult . Wish me luck on saturday .
    Yea and where is that $500 off on Prius's I see on TV I ask , good till feb 02
    I 'll be in more a bunch of more bargaining or I walk out LOL

I was thinking of the 2010 but all the new gadgets looks like the price will definately be quite a bit over 30K , and who knows what trims or options will be avail ? Will there be a touring option ? I was just thinking get a 09 now (proven 5 yr old model) and wait for the plug in version for the 2010,2011

ok I was able to get the 09 Prius Touring in NJ
    I was surprised to see window Sticker $31,061 for a package #6
    then a extra value package discount - $2950
    for a total $28,111
    then I got the $500 Prius rebate which expires 2/2/09

And yes I do feel better handling around turns at higher speeds
    I like the Touring
    One of the salesmen there said Toyota will be ending production of the 09 Touring
    I guess to make way for the 2010

tom

5. gtarr

gtarr New Member

Re: New 2009 Touring+Package 6 Bay Area Dealers at Invoice Apx $25

Hi I am shopping for Used 2008 Touring/Pac 6 and found Burlingame's Putnam Toyota selling at invoice around $25k

Now if only the 2008/2007 Prius Touring/Pac 6 Sellers would realize they are not going to get $23k for Cars with 20K Miles due to pricing changes and next gen prius in 8 weeks

I am negotiating to buy an 07 Touring for $17k or 08 TOuring for $18k

Regards
    GT

6. fed123

fed123 Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I read on one of the 2010 threads that Toyota would not be making Touring versions after 2009.