1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2010 Prius IV Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by treyinga, Jan 17, 2011.

1. treyinga

treyinga New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey all,

I love this sight. I started months ago thinking I would get an Insight because of the great prices, but read the reviews and just kept coming back to the Prius. I planned to get the II but they made me an incredible deal on a IV, blue, and I like the leather seats and bluetooth. No navigation or sunroof.

It is taking getting use to, but I am loving it. I think I want better floor mats, and maybe a screen for when it gets hot. The only real disappointment is that I thought I could play my mp3 player through the bluetooth, but taht does not seem to work. I bought an auxillary cord and it is not a deal breaker. I am trying to learn the satellite radio and whatever the Folder button is for. Ha HA. I do have to work as well.

This is an incredible forum and I am glad I found it.

2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome.

We too use players through the aux. Don't use MP3 cds so no need for the folder button.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and :welcome: to PriusChat!

Bluetooth Audio streaming is only available on navigation models.

Folder (up/down) is for use when you're playing MP3 CDs in the headunit.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome my friend and enjoy your new ride.:)

5. seal2cc

seal2cc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Congrats. I was drawn to the Insight and really wanted to like it or the Fit over the Prius but no heated or lumbar seats, and no sunroof option in either kept me from even testing. Was anti-Prius because everyone I saw driving them seemed to have this intense determined frown on their faces. But rented one and liked it, researched it endlessly, got a great deal on an IV w/ Solar, NAV pkg and 'bought the company' as the saying goes. Now I have installed LED interior lights, illuminated door sills, ScanGauge II, HID low beams, bike rack/trailer hitch, strut bracing, under-body frame stiffeners, FIAMM Ferrari horns...geez, the list goes on...and I'm 57! I love the car and it gets better every day. I think it has lowered my (not high anyway) blood pressure. Neat thing about the Gen III is that it could be a 4 or 6 cylinder car, be conventional etc and it is STILL a great car. You don't sacrifice anything to have the great hybrid technology. And I have a Porsche 911 and Jeep Wrangler to boot...but I drive the Prius most. A video game on wheels. I hope to add more smiles to the Prius road-profile :)

Enjoy..

Cheers,

Chris