1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2010 / Stages

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by gazz, Oct 23, 2009.

1. gazz

gazz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I have finally got my Peal White 2010. Its great, fuel economy nearly at my old 2007 figures but need to work a bit harder. (but I don't want to run it in to slow and its getting colder)

Got my scangauge plugged in for the first time today. Thought it would be straight forward just to conform the stages. But this was not as easy as I though, maybe some more miles will help.

Has anybody got any infor on the stages, they appear to have raised the 40mph maximum speed before the ICE has to cut in to about 44mph but it did not seem totally repeatable. Also I could not determine if or how to get stage 4. I went over 70C experting the ICE to remain on but it would still shut down, but prior to the scangauge being fitted I did notice that it did do a 5 second run/shutdown.

I have looked for info on this but have not found any good discussions.

I am in the UK so not sure if our spec will be different.

PS also I noticed that it did not drop in temperature as much with the heater on.

Thanks
    Gary

2. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The stages are somewhat different, although close to the documened Gen II. I don't know if anyone has spent the effort to document the changes. The biggest one I have noted is the in S2/3, ICE shut off is reversed. The ice will readily go off below 34 MPH and it stayes on above 34 MPH.

Also stealth mode is extended to 46 MPH. The region 42-46 is different than below 42 and it is harder to enter stealth above 42 MPH.

Short answer, hope that helps some.

3. gazz

gazz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, I think what was causing me the problem was the 42-46mph point it did not seem consistent. Also need to investigate the 34mph point.

Thanks again

4. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Stage I to II transition seems to be at 103F by my ScanGage. You do not need the idle stop for stage III to IV at 70C, just keep it above 70C for 5-10 seconds. Everything else as Jud said.

Wayne

1 person likes this.
  5. gazz

gazz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, no idle stop will help.

Gary

6. gazz

gazz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks,

Have you noticed the 2 speed EV. when it is cooler (engine) it goes to about 20mph and warmer it goes up to about 29mph. Have not got the exact temps yet, have you?

Gary

7. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yes I've noticed that also. There also seems to be a timer in their also.