1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new 2011 owner NAV ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bondo, Apr 26, 2011.

1. bondo

bondo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi new 2011 owner and just have one question that I can't seem to find in manual. Is there a way to show on the map screen what radio/sat station is playing? Would just love to have a little bar at top or bottom showing this. Only thing that bothers me so far, other than that love the car and NAV.
    Oh I do have just one question that I can't find an answer to, can I turn off the return to map feature like in the 2010 models? I would like to stay in the screen that I press and not return to the map unless I want to.

Bondo©

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    First question is no, not that I am aware of. There is a bar at the top that will pop up and display some information on the map screen such as volume level, CD change, loss of radio/sat signal, etc. but not radio station.

Second question, go to Setup -> General -> Auto Screen Change and turn this off. This will allow you to stay on your current screen. The default is On and this switches back to the Map screen after a preset delay.

3. bondo

bondo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you, not sure how I missed that. I was looking in the setup, navi screen, didn't think of the general screen! Even more pleased with it now.

Bondo©

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    bondo,

I played around with the audio system while the Map screen was up and realized that if I use the audio buttons on the steering wheel, that if I changed radio stations with the ^ or v buttons that the radio station did appear on the black bar at the top of the screen.

Also, if I changed Modes (SAT to CD, FM, etc.) that this is also displayed in the black bar.

This bar only stays up for a few seconds, though.

Hope this helps.

Dwight

5. thayward

thayward New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello,

I have a new 2011 Prius and have been trying to wade through the Navigation system manual. I'm having trouble using the Navi menu found by pressing the Setup button. A Navi manu on-screen button is displayed in the Setup menu but it is grayed out, and thus, not selectible. Any ideas why, or how to fix this problem?

6. mcshade311

mcshade311 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Many of the settings can't be changed while the car is moving more than about 5 MPH. Try again while the car is stopped.