1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2013 v just got side swiped

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by ps004ynos, Nov 5, 2013.

1. ps004ynos

ps004ynos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, we had our new 2013 v for about 2 weeks now and my wife just called. She was struck on the driver's side door while making a right turn. The other car was trying to make a right turn from the middle lane. Police came and documented everything.

My question: I really really really really really do not want a damaged Prius. It would be nice to actually enjoy a new car longer than 2 weeks. Given all the Salvage Title's I've seen, what are the chances we can get the v salvaged and get paid to purchase a new v?

I haven't seen the damage myself (I'm at work). Will post later.

2. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    .000001% chance if it just a few dents.

3. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    An excellent question for your insurance agent. But chances are you will simply get a new door. None of that stuff gets "repaired" these days, it gets replaced.

4. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    If the damage is above the frame, the pillars were not bent in any way, and the air bags did NOT deploy, you have a zero percent chance of getting the car totaled. If it IS just the door, they will just replace the skin of the door and respray it. Also, unlike respraying the hood, and bumper, it should last and be virtually identical to the rest of the vehicle.

The important thing here is to find a body shop that is reputable, will give you a life time warranty on the paint, and obviously, have been in business long enough for the warranty to mean something. Don't just bring it to your local Toyota Dealer. Some are good, and some are terrible. I had a Scion TC that was hit in the parking lot, driver's side door, at three months old. I thought I was doing the right thing by insisting on bringing it to Toyota, but the problems that ensued after are too long to post here... Good luck and don't fret. It doesn't sound that bad. Unless, your wife is the type of person that will tell you that there is water in the car, and when you get home you find out what she meant was that it's in the lake...

5. ps004ynos

ps004ynos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hah, it's not in the lake, thankfully. She's 7 months pregnant and has our 20 month old son with her. That would be bad.

She sent me a few photos. Anybody have a recommendation for a body shop in San Francisco?

Only complicating situation is we're moving back to Southern California in 3 months. Would any dealership repair be transferable down south?

Attached Files:

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    bummer.:( i had something similar with my new pip last year, my fault. took it to the body shoppe, came back like brand new and i put it behind me. it's just a car, thank God your family is okay. all the best!(y)

7. Bingee

Bingee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Bummer , glad your wife wasn't injured .. No chance this would be totaled