1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2015 Prius c owner

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Gerry miles, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Gerry miles

Gerry miles New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Part of my registration ,it would not list the 2015 model, but yes I bought my brand new model trim level two on June 10 th. And today I already have 7600 km and have not changed the oil yet.but scheduled for first week of sept. I live this car ,it is a car that makes you want to drive the most fuel effient way possible, I'm averaging about 71-74 mpg and that's mostly highway.I'm at 9 bars max on the battery meter, haven't reached full yet, not sure why, but I have managed to hold speed at 62 kph on ev mode. I never drive on Eco, because I can do better myself.thanks for letting me join this wonderful group if serious drivers.and I hope to learn some great winte

2. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome. The battery is never completely charged for longevity reasons (the same reason it is never completely allowed to be completely discharged, though this is obviously an even more dire state to avoid ;)). After almost 40k miles, I'm around 51 mpg, so don't expect the honeymoon to last. ;)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

4. Gerry miles

Gerry miles New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    As for the battery,one of the salesman also has the the same model Prius c, and he said his battery became full at about 14,000 km range, I think no matter what your range gets, sure a engine will wear in at some point, but if your consistent on your driving skills ,then the mileage should not wonder too far off from what you average. I have noticed that my ev speed had increased to 62 kph, before cutting out but. At 62 kph I'm able to maintain, which is a increase from first buying.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the battery gauge is not showing the real state of charge, so yes, it will go to full bars at times under the right circumstances. but it has nothing to do with break in, or how many miles you have put on the car. if you want the story behind the story, get a scan gauge or some such.

6. Gerry miles

Gerry miles New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    When I first bought my car the battery level would only go to level 8 bars and no more, but around 6000 km my battery bar had moved up to 9 bars and no more, I'm at 8000 kms now hoping that soon the battery bar will move to full ten squares soon, but I guess its all a matter of time, I just wonder if this is all preprogrammed into the system from the factory.

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    see post #5.:)

8. Habnar

Habnar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    How is the noise level at freeway speeds in the new C? I understand they attempted to address this issue with the refresh.

9. Nekotex

Nekotex New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2015 model. The wind noise on the hwy is loud but not any louder than many other economy car out there under $20k.

10. Habnar

Habnar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Agreed. However, I have noticed that road noise on my 2013 can be quite loud depending on the driving surface. Smooth pavement is nice and quiet while concrete and rough pavement can be uncomfortably loud. Chalk that up to those bicycle tires they put on the thing. Again, you are probably right, it's just as noisy as any other economy car out there under 20k. Still love my C! 54 mpg average and 60k miles and not a thing wrong with it!

11. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    In the Personal Data screen, scroll way down, down to find 2015.