1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2019 Prius XLE AWD-e - No Way to Enter fuel cost???

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Donald Truss, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Donald Truss

Donald Truss New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I am very excited with my new 2019 Prius! We put 3,000 miles on it in the first 10 days!

So, I can see from the eco-savings display that we are getting good mileage, but I see that it has a box for Fuel Cost - but I cannot find a way to enter the price of gas. I have read the manual, searched google and you-tube without success. Any suggestions?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

i don't have a gen 4, so, no idea, sorry. i do notice that your info says you have a prime?

all the best!(y)

3. kevinwhite

kevinwhite Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Toyota makes it difficult for some reason. I have a 2017 and the fuel price can only be entered immediately after refueling. It is described in the manual on page 95 under "After Refueling"

kevin

4. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's easiest as you start it up after a fill. It asks if you want to record the fuel price about 3 seconds after starting up - you have to hit the OK button immediately - it fades away after maybe 10 seconds, figuring that you weren't interested.

Press this button
    upload_2019-4-28_14-24-1.png immediately after you see this: upload_2019-4-28_14-24-31.png

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I wouldn't bother with this. Why build a spreadsheet in a car? If it's like third gen, it'll be exaggerating the mpg by about 7.5%, so why work with that? Also, what happens if the 12 volt battery is momentarily disconnected; will all the info be gone?

I would suggest to start a spreadsheet, on a desktop or laptop computer, based on gas receipts and the odometer readings.

alanclarkeau likes this.
  6. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Or use Fuelly - quite a few PriusChat members do. Only possible downside - I've got paper records of every fill since ~1974, spreadsheets since ~1990 - will Fuelly still be around (still free) in 45 years. I'll keep my spreadsheet.

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah belts-and-braces. I have a pinned link to Fuelly, in my spreadsheet. I do the spreadsheet first, then over to Fuelly.

I started the spreadsheet at least a year before I joined fuelly. I found I was able to import my spreadsheet, enter it all in one go. It took a little reformatting (on a copy), not too hard.

alanclarkeau likes this.