1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New 2G owner, traded IS350

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by chandleya, Sep 4, 2011.

1. chandleya

chandleya New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Bought an 08 Touring Pkg 5 with 30k mi in Nashville, trading in my 2010 Lexus IS350 w/ nav. Talk about changing worlds. I found a used dealer that specializes in upscale cars - having the Prius was a liability and having an IS350 would be an improvement for him.

The car has one notable quirk that I'm anxious to learn about: aftermarket leather. It's two-tone light gray and dark gray with a semi-matched steering wheel wrap. Its soft, supple, and comfortable, but it's definitely not a pkg 6 car - I have the window sticker. Any guesses on the vendor? There are no tags or insignias of any kind.

Lots of mods I want help on!
    - Recommended tires for 16" in TN? Needs to be all season and I want quiet. The current Bridgestones are noisy.
    - I want to replace the audio system with in the doors and add a subwoofer. I realize with the JBL setup that the rear outputs are the most balanced but still require a processor for proper equalization. I've toyed with the idea of an indash system beneath the CD changer but I've been out of the aftermarket audio game for 8 years.. The JBL setup is quite weak - but performs with plenty of volume when the content isn't 'noisy'.
    - Heated seats and lumbar. I saw mods from an early adopter years ago where they implemented aftermarket kits that were fairly functional. Want!
    - Fiberglassed subwoofer enclosure in the corners. Anybody ever used both sides and fabricated a mechanism to secure your new payload? JL Audio's 8w3v3s would be perfect for these cubbies.
    - Aftermarket sunroof. Have any horror stories begun to surface?
    - Upgraded foglights and independent control
    - Improved battery capacity (Enginer, etc?)

This car seems like it can be so much fun for the tinkerer.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the world of Prius. :)

I would suggest searching the Genii modifications forum. Most of the questions you listed can be found there.

3. Agape

Agape Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on your new toy, whats the color?
    :welcome:

4. chandleya

chandleya New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Barcelona Red.

F8L - i've read lots of your posts. Between you and USBseawolf2k, there's plenty to be learned. It's almost hard to recall all that I've read through - reading is part of the battle in determining what's even possible. Without pioneers - I likely wouldn't know what I was interested in in the first place!

My wife is already trying to take the car over - and we just bought her an MDX in November!

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I look forward to reading you mod posts now. Which one are you thinking of starting first? :)