1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New annoyance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jmpenn, Oct 10, 2006.

1. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

The standard display for an MP3 disc shows the title of the file and the folder that it is in. There is a set of buttons to press to show the detail (MP3 tags) title, artist, and album. It looks great when you're not moving, but why the hell does it blank out when you are moving? You are allowed to read the standard display but not the detail while moving?!? :blink: Real smooth Toyota.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yeah that's weird.

You can cut a speed sensor wire and install a switch. When "Off" the car will think it's stopped and you'll be able to read. The same wire takes care of the BT (if you have it) and the messages on FM.

You need a switch as it also sends the information to the 5-minute bars on the Consumption screen and the wheels of the Energy screen. Just turn it off for a few seconds and then back on and it'll be fine.

3. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whitestar @ Oct 10 2006, 01:31 PM) [snapback]330702[/snapback]</div>
    You have to ask? Blame lawsuit-happy US of A. :rolleyes:
    I wrote up my hack for it back in January/February, and I believe Darrell wrote his version here:
    Darrell's Hacks
    Basically, the speed sensor feeds up to 3 devices in your Prius. Depending where you interrupt the purple wire it will defeat one or all three of them.

4. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Oct 10 2006, 03:08 PM) [snapback]330770[/snapback]</div>
    *chuckles* Right. I can look at a moving map or instantaneous consumption/power screen but not at a (relatively) static info screen. If that is the case, why wouldn't they blank out the info on the regular audio screen that has the folder and title. :huh: Just Toyota being silly.

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I can forsee a day where, if we continue with all the lawsuits and such, cars will have to blank the MFD completely whenever it's in motion. But hey, at least in that case there will only be one speed wire to cut!

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, on the 04-05 versions, the RDS info is blocked but the CD info isn't. On the 06, both the RDS and CD/mp3 info is blocked. Anyone find a difference in wiring or is it computer controlled?

7. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Oct 12 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]331868[/snapback]</div>
    give me an '05 and i'll tell ya :lol:

8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Oct 12 2006, 11:42 AM) [snapback]331830[/snapback]</div>
    I was looking at the latest issue of Consumer Reports where they were reviewing the more expensive SUVs. The AUDI has an "I Agree" button when you shift into reverse and the rear camera comes on (maybe the first time it's used during a drive and not every time).

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think that Life should have an "I agree" button!

I'd push and keep it locked "on," so that I can do what I want (in a safe and sane manner, naturally) and agree, in advance, that I won't go off and sue someone if I do something stupid and can't take responsibility for it myself.

10. eagle33199

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Instead of matress tags (with the whole "do not remove" thing associated with them), we should mandate "i agree" touch screens to comes with the matress. everytime you get up, you have to agree to not be a moron and not sue anybody for your own stupidness.