1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New App Update

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Paul Gregory, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Paul Gregory

Paul Gregory Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I just got an update on my Android phone. The layout is a bit different, but I wanted to see if it had fixed the bugs. One of them was it would only run one start cycle without an occupant in the car, despite saying it would run two.

I tried to remote start it for a second time, and this time it simply won't start it a second time. I had to go to the notifications to read that it won't start after it "has run two consecutive 10 minute start cycles without an occupant." It ran for 20 minutes, so I guess that counts as two cycles.

I really wish they gave us the option to change some of these settings. I would gladly consent to whichever liabilities for hazards, real or imaginary there may be, handcuffing us to their default settings.

#1 Paul Gregory, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  2. Zyrian

Zyrian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    Charging kWh are still off by half, so that didn't get fixed either.

AndersOne likes this.
  3. Approximate Pseudonym

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Four outstanding issues:

- The charge state (in both percentage and kWh is completely incorrect, and only states 100% correctly). This appears to happen because of an inaccurate measurement of the actual total charge capacity of the car versus what the app displays. However, the estimated range is exactly what the car reports (so if it says 30 miles, that’s reported from the car’s computer rather than calculated from the incorrect percentage reading in the app. This is exactly the same issue as in previous versions of the app and hasn’t been addressed yet in this new version.
    - The charge history is no longer updating in the iOS v2.5 of the app, for me and for at least one reviewer on the App Store. I’ve installed/reinstalled the app and it didn’t update any charging history since the update (at least two charging sessions missing).
    - My digital key got removed automatically and initially couldn’t be added again. It would fail to contact the servers or be verified, hanging in the middle of the process of adding the digital key via Bluetooth. Logging out and logging in again did not fix the problem. Being within proximity of the car had no effect on the problem. I did manage to fix the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
    - The status view in the accompanying WatchOS app visually displays tire pressures incorrectly, suggesting that the tire pressure for the driver side of the car is set visually as the front of the car in the diagram. It is a visual bug based on the car or tire pressure values being rotated 90 degrees in the wrong direction. 35FL 35FR 33RL 33RR actual tire pressure gets visually displayed as 35FL 33FR 35RL 33RL. It’s easy to work out what the actual tire pressures are, but it’s an obvious issue that didn’t get tested and corrected properly.

I do prefer the new layout of the app, but it has at least as many issues as the 2.1.x version of the app.

4. HacksawMark

HacksawMark Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    After the update on my iPhone 12 Pro Max, I can still access the charging history from the day I bought the car in August 2023. It's under the History tab.

Approximate Pseudonym likes this.
  5. Approximate Pseudonym

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    My previous charging history is visible, but I had problems with viewing the past week of data.

However, mine just updated this morning, so it appears to be working. Probably?

6. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    It's a minor quibble, but it bugs me that the car visual for the Status and Health screens is a generic white SUV instead of being accurate to the vehicle. Especially when it's correct on the Remote screen and I think it used to be accurate on the others.