1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Arrival

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by seasidetraveler, Jan 30, 2007.

1. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am the proud owner of a new 2007 Yaris Hatchback. It is so cute and fun to drive. I still have my Prius, but wanted something to save some miles on the car. I really love driving the Yaris, it feels like it's built better than the Prius, and I don't feel like I have to baby it like the Prius. I got a heck of a deal on the lil thing, so I am happy!

Happy motoring

Attached Files:

• pc.jpg
      pc.jpg
      File size:
      24.9 KB
      Views:
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Jan 30 2007, 02:12 AM) [snapback]382683[/snapback]</div>
    Built butter than the Prius? Why's that? Also, when you say 'baby' the Prius, do you mean drive conservitivly to get beter mpg?

3. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My Prius with 11k miles on it has creaks and rattles- My biggest annoyance is the drivers side door panel- whenever I rest my arm on it it creaks! So annoying, and embarrassing with passengers in the car... Baby it because I have to be so careful not to scrape the front end on every curb, or in dips, and baby it because yea, you gotta drive so careful to get the great mileage- other wise the gas engine constantly comes on... baby it because it just feels fragile! The body panels ding and dent so easily etc etc I love the Prius still, I drove it to work today and enjoyed it, but after driving the Yaris all weekend I was so impressed with its build quality and etc. I still get excited when I see other Prii on the road, and will still recomend that people buy them.

4. yups

yups Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Jan 30 2007, 01:30 AM) [snapback]382690[/snapback]</div>
    I have to agree with you on this. But i also feel that the Pri is about the tech in the HSD and the ICE on off ability, as well as the safety elements, ie. air bags and caps to keep the brakes alive in case of batt failure. This all said with the most obvious: the Xtreme emission reduction.
    However, I can barely afford this one and we'll be needing a #2 some day soon, so I'm curious as to the deal you got on your Yari?

5. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a great deal!

It's a 5spd manual, power package w/remote keyless, A/C, mp3 CD

$0 down and $230/month for 60 months (I have excellent credit)

6. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    And mileage ? What kind of mileage does it get?

7. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Jan 30 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]382857[/snapback]</div>

Looks like it EPA averages 34/40 see here What is your actual MPG though?

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    congrats :D the yaris is a neat little car.

9. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It's adorable. Congratulations...

BTW--I don't baby my Prius at all. :D But I haven't had any of the issues you've discussed...sorry that's happened to you!

10. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So far I only have just over 300 miles on it, and it is at 1/2 tank. The tank is 9 gallons, so I am guessing I am getting pertty close to EPA. I can't wait to fill up and calculate it! I haven't been too easy on it, I love lil 5-speeds hehe