1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Atrocities Uncovered in Iraq commited by the US

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Feb 8, 2007.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [attachmentid=6499]
    [attachmentid=6499]
    [attachmentid=6500]
    [attachmentid=6501]
    [attachmentid=6502]
    [attachmentid=6503]
    [attachmentid=6504]
    [attachmentid=6505]
    [attachmentid=6506]
    :rolleyes: :)

Attached Files:

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hahahah :lol:

well, this certainly paints something more pleasant after the rather shocking Hummer video.

3. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am sure all the dead children would have enjoyed these activities as well...

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Feb 9 2007, 12:36 AM) [snapback]387303[/snapback]</div>
    Gloom & Doom, heaven forbid people see how we really treat the Iraqi's and how we really coexist while we are there..... :rolleyes: The negative press, is nothing more than a small part of the ratings game. We are a sick people, we like death, destruction & wild kinky sex & money. this is what sells, this is what keeps you glued to cnn, msnbc, ect.

The Iraqi war, media shows just the negative action. this pulls at your compassion for the Iraqi people and our lost soldiers, thus you watch more.....

Sex, take a good look at clothing ads, body sprays, deoderants, sex sells!

Sports, people bet on sports and make or lose money. Nascar & NHRA , people watch for the crashes and or bet money or like to see the cars go fast..

Well Alric, how would you do it? How would you run the world, so that everyone was happy? :huh:

There are more of these pictures floating around on the net feel free to post them on this thread to show not everything is as bad as its made out to be. ;)

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Clearly the truth is somewhere b/w the extremes. But US soldiers have committed rape and murder of innocent Iraqi civilians. While the majority of the actions of our men and women in uniform are, I'm absolutely and honestly certain, are more like the photos posted by the OP it's the actions of those few that will become the fodder of the press. And not just the US press, but also the press of the Muslim nations. And it will be the stuff of propaganda and recruiting tools to get more insurgents and Al Qaida suicide bombers and devotes.

6. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 9 2007, 08:14 AM) [snapback]387376[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know if we're sick, but our collective fascination with anything titillating (be it sex, death, etc) can't be denied. Even the local news is guilty of it ... "Tonight at 11: three foods that could kill you!". It's crazy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 9 2007, 08:14 AM) [snapback]387376[/snapback]</div>
    I've always thought the reason we don't focus on the good that our troops do is because it's what we expect from them. I see photos like you've posted above and it doesn't surprise me one bit. One of the reasons the abuses get blown up is because we're shocked & appalled that any soldier would abuse his/her position. We trust that they're protecting & defending us and when the negative stuff happens, it's a blow to that trust.

It's the same thing with the police (as I'm sure you're familiar). You don't see many stories or photos of the police doing what we expect them to. We don't hear about the number of times they help a lost child find his mom or comfort a scared elderly person. We hear about the abuses. The Amadou Diallos and the Rodney Kings. Stuff like that is by far the exception ... it just shocks the hell out of us that the people that are protecting us would do things like that.

7. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If we'd spent that couple of hundred billion on developing some other energy sources instead of grabbing for contol (seen any Iraqi oil production figures? Remember that "oil revenues will pay for the war" statement?) of one of the last big oil reserves, well, that might have been a step in the right direction.

8. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Feb 9 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]387378[/snapback]</div>
    I was not aware that we had raped them too - If you could post a link I would be appreciative.

As in society in general, you can expect that 1% of people in the Armed Forces to be smitten with criminal behavior patterns - I would not hold the 99% of the others who face life and death every day there responsible for the other 1%. I would also posit that we should highlight the 99% rather than the 1% - we owe it to them.

9. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proco @ Feb 9 2007, 08:31 AM) [snapback]387380[/snapback]</div>

Proco & efusco are both correct! :)

The negative actions of a few, seem to out weigh those positive actions done by the majority.

10. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 9 2007, 07:49 AM) [snapback]387389[/snapback]</div>
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/09/soldiers...rged/index.html

I agree with you, but that wouldn't sell and people would complain that the press was white washing the "real" situation. It's no win.

11. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Feb 9 2007, 07:49 AM) [snapback]387389[/snapback]</div>
    For someone who follows the news, I'm surprised you missed this one:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CNN.com @ Sunday, July 9, 2006; Posted: 10:46 p.m. EDT (02:46 GMT))</div>
    Article ==> http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/09/soldiers...rged/index.html

12. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Feb 9 2007, 08:54 AM) [snapback]387392[/snapback]</div>
    "real" situation?

13. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusguy04 @ Feb 9 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]387376[/snapback]</div>
    Take the billions of dollars that have been wasted in Iraq and spend it towards eliminating poverty, hunger, disease and ignorance from the world. That should about do it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Feb 9 2007, 09:21 AM) [snapback]387378[/snapback]</div>
    Not always. The facts can be on an extreme. How many children do you think died during "shock and awe". In my view one dead child invalidates the whole thing.

14. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Wth is this? Truth is somewhere between extremes, yet you go on to say the situation is “the majority†of posted photos... Doesn't seem like a mid point between extremes to me.

It's interesting to me how you immediately shoot this out, in a blaring-horn-hey-look-at-this-type advertising fashion. Yet live beheading, bodies of innocent US civilians pulled out of cars, burned, and hung on bridges for amusement seem to be far less egregious acts. ...but of course, I do understand where you're coming from, illegal war, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 or terrorism, it was nicely contained in Afghanistan to make it easy for us, and Bush is the great Satan himself.... That about right???

15. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Feb 9 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]387402[/snapback]</div>
    MS beat me to it.....The crimes, torture, and rape are the extremes...these photos are the more common.

And for Alric...what a pie in the sky attitude. How easy it is to theorize what "could have been". All you are giving in a possible alternative. You cannot KNOW that your plan would have made any difference at all....and understanding history....the Islamist extremeists will kill you anyway.

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ Feb 9 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]387402[/snapback]</div>
    A total smear of hundreds of thousands of brave and honorable American soldiers who served. Disgusting. Another example of those that see good and label it evil and see evil and label it good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Feb 9 2007, 09:02 AM) [snapback]387400[/snapback]</div>
    Lets see, since LBJ's war on poverty we have spent how many TRILLION dollars and there is still poverty. You think you can cure that and hunger and disease with a few hundred billion?? I have a bridge to sell you too :lol:

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Feb 9 2007, 08:18 AM) [snapback]387473[/snapback]</div>
    You guys are totally right. A bunch of hugs from U.S. soldiers balances out the crimes we've committed there. Now, next time you break the speed limit, give your arresting officer a hug. (S)he'll be sure to let you off.

18. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Feb 9 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]387517[/snapback]</div>
    Darn it Dragonfly you wernt supposed to tel our secret!!!!! :rolleyes: :lol:

19. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Feb 9 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]387517[/snapback]</div>
    You make it sound like we have committed sooooooo many crimes there. You paint with a broad brush that smears the integrity of hundreds of thousands of brave and honorable American soldiers who served proudly and conducted themselves properly.

Tell me, how many crimes have we committed there - you probably have a tally sheet going - just post it. Do you ever look for the good we do??