1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Battery Installed/multi Point Inspection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by suirp91257, Mar 12, 2010.

1. suirp91257

suirp91257 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Just had to have my 2006 Prius towed because of dead battery.Tried jumping it but still nothing.Had dealer install new battery $145 installation $42 towing bill $125 (had platinum warranty but wasn't any good do to the battery not being warranty item) They did a Multi-Port inspection(what ever that is I'm not sure) determined it was low voltage from the battery which caused the problem...no kidding...hope there right. Haven't had any problems yet. Going on a 1000 mile trip next week. Had the oil changed while they had it in the shop...Total bill came to $460.91 Sounds like allot of money to me for just a battery and oil change...Think I got riped off on the towing bill. Tried contacting customer service to check on the towing fee. They aren't taking calls right now do to the demand on the problems they are having. Just wondered if the price was fare,not much though I can do about it now.Still love my Prius, as long as I have no more major problems.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Based upon the info you provided above:

New battery: $145
    Installation: $42
    Towing: $125
    Oil Change: $149?
    Total: $461

I would say that the price of the new battery and the installation was fair. Regarding the towing charge, that depends on how far the car had to be towed.

I'd be most concerned about the oil change pricing.

If you had the ability/interest to DIY, you would have been out $145 for the battery, plus the oil/filter change cost...

3. cthindi

cthindi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You mean they charged $148 for oil change? (460- 145-42-125). That sure sounds a lot. $145 for battery and $42 installation ( 1/2 hour labor?) might be typical dealer prices.