1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Blacky

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by vagmag, Oct 7, 2006.

1. vagmag

vagmag New Member

Just got mine 07 Black Prius Yesterday!!!
    I am in love!
    It is an excellent car!
    Nice, quiet ride! Very relaxed drive!! It is fast !! I really like it!!
    All my friends drove it and loved it!
    The JBL is perfect!
    I have some questions...
    I have the keyless entry. If we start the car and take the key out of the car the car can be driven witout the key inside the cabin. It happened today , when i went out of the car, the motor (ICE?) was on, and the key was with me. A friend entered the car and went some meters back and forth!!! ;) Is this really hapenning?

My consamption is 6.6 liters/100km after 170 kilometers on the road... Is it OK? What is the best tecnique for better MPG???

How can we use an IPOD together with th Prius?

Is the srceen doing only A/C, music, consamption?

I read on the forum for 42/40 air pressure for better MPG... Is it right?

thank you in advance
    best regards from Greece

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there! Congratulations and welcome to PriusChat!

To answer your questions, I've numbered them in the order you asked in your post

1. Yes, it's normal. You can drive the car (with SKS) even if the fob is removed from the interior of the car. However, the car will not start again if the car is turned off.

2. It depends on your terrain. It's a bit high. I live in somewhat hilly part of town and I was between 5 and 5.2 when I first got the car but again, it's probably better to ask people in your area to get a better idea

3. Since you have the JBL audio system, you can plug your iPod using the AUX input jack located in the centre console. You will have to buy the 3.5mm male-male wire to connect the iPod to the plug. However, you will not have title display or steering wheel control over the iPod. To do so, you will have to purchase a DICE unit or a VAIS unit that contain an iPod adapter.

4. Yes. It'll also shown the Energy Monitor that gives a simplified view of what's going on with the powertrain. It'll also show the navigation map if your car is equipped with the navigation system. In addition to that, it will show a view of the car behind if your car is equipped with a backup camera. Note that with the navigation system, you also get a calendar, bluetooth connectivity (with phonebook) and various other menus.

5. It depends again. You could try 42/40 if you wish and see if that helps. I have mine at 38/36.

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations and welcome!! :D :D I'm glad to hear you're liking your Prius so much! Tideland did a pretty good job of answering your questions...regarding #5, I have mine set at 40/38 currently and it's working well for me (48-49mpg each tank). :)

4. vagmag

vagmag New Member

thank you for the soon reply

Is it possible to add the bluetooth and a camera in the car now that I already have the car?
    where can I find DICE and VAIS ?

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes but not using factory units. They'll have to be aftermarket bluetooth sets and backup camera.

DICE is found in the PriusChat shop. There's a special "group buy" price at the moment which drops the price to US$130 if I'm not mistaken. Ask Danny for international shipping prices. VAIS can be found here: http://www.vaistech.com/home.html