1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Bluetooth phone from Sprint, I love it!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jimalden, Dec 24, 2004.

1. jimalden

jimalden New Member

[font=Tahoma:a149d75112]Hey everyone, I finally sold my Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phone I was using in my 04 Prius, I had issues with it. But as some of you know, LG just came out with a PM-325 slider phone and and I love it. Battery life is much better and it connects to the car in about 2 or three seconds instead of about 10 with the Sony Ericsson.

Anyway, Sprint is sold out, but Ebay has several new in the box, so anyone with a Bluetooth Prius that has Sprint, I recommend this phone highly.

Happy holidays everyone.

Jim
    [/font:a149d75112]

2. bweston

bweston Junior Member

I agree... nice phone... almost bought one. Only problem is no OBEX support. OBEX is what allows you to transfer your phone numbers to and from your computer/Prius. I'll never understand why phone manufacturers allow you to transfer games, ringers, wallpaper, pictures, and video, but not phone numbers: the one thing that most PHONE users want to transfer, 'cause entering them one by one in the phone is a royal pain.

Merry Christmas!

bRaD

3. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How does the phone sound? Just as a phone, not through your Prius. I don't have a Prius, but was looking at the phone as an upgrade to my T608. What do people say when they talk to you on the phone? Voice quality, etc. And how is the speaker...any trouble hearing other people?

Thanks in advance!
    Tim

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There is no need to pay rip off prices for this phone on E-Bay. It is available at Radio Shack, where I bought mine last week, and the Sprint Stores are finally receiving their shipments. Buying it at either one of these sources qualifies you for the $150 upgrade rebate for which Sprint subscribers are eligible after using a handset for 18 months.

The voice quality of the phone is at least as good as it was on my old Samsung. The PM-325 holds a signal much better than the Samsung.

Using the Handsfree system in the car, the speaker sounds just fine. The quality of your our own outgoing voice is not quite as good, but that is a given with a speaker phone which picks up ambient noise.

I am still frustrated by my inability to transfer my phone book from the PM-325 to the Prius and the lack of a way to directly input my contacts list into the car's phone book.

5. toyoprius

toyoprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The PM-325 is vastly superior to the sub-adequate T608 dog.

If you are like me, and don't qualify for the rebate, there is still hope. Have your old T608 tested at a Sprint store. It will fail the test (trust me). Sprint will send you a brand new T608 (which would also fail their test, but that is beside the point). Don't open it. Sell the new one on EBay for somewhere in the high hundreds (until everyone clues in), and put the proceeds towards the PM-325.